JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I just moved to a smaller town outside PDX along Highway 30, and I am looking for suggestions on a decent outdoor shooting area somewhere along HWY 30 between PDX and Astoria. Distances out to 100-300 yds would be nice, but not necessary as I just need a spot for plinking right now. The less crowds of random people with no common sense the better.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like the ideal spot everyone is looking for. Yet, no one knows where it is! (or at least they are not saying!).

Sorry, I can't help you out. I'm not familiar with any public, or private land, out that area. May just have to do some google search for pubic land and go explore some places. An option may be to visit Tillamook State Forest at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd Shooting Lanes. About 35 miles West of Beaverton on Hwy 26. There is a thread here about those lanes.

Have fun storming the forest!

Somewhere between Astoria and PDX is a rather vague; St. Helens and everything east is basically considered Portland, even Rainier is now a bedroom community. West of PDX there are several great spots you can stretch out ~575yds if you do not mind a 15-20min drive.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top