JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone one know the name of the shooting area off of Hwy 53 and Cole Mt road? I've been shooting there for the last year and it's been getting pretty bad lately. I make it a point to pick up my own trash and plus an extra garbage bag extra but one person can't do it by himself. I imagine their is a thread already started for this area.

I don't know the name.
I usually go a bit farther up 53 toward Hwy 26 and shoot at the rock quarry that is just off the road on the right. Since I drive a low slung Mustang I don't venture too far up the gravel roads.
The quarry area is getting fairly trashed too, I just don't have the vehicle to haul it all away.
Actually, I may head up there today since its supposed to be nice and sunny.

Thanks for getting back to me, I was looking for the name of it to locate the Oregon shooting area thread to start shaming people, or maybe start one.

Your probably right, but maybe if people on this website know of this location and knew it was getting bad might take a trip up there and pick up a little trash and pass the word to the locals.

Does anyone one know the name of the shooting area off of Hwy 53 and Cole Mt road? I've been shooting there for the last year and it's been getting pretty bad lately. I make it a point to pick up my own trash and plus an extra garbage bag extra but one person can't do it by himself. I imagine their is a thread already started for this area.

If
I can get more info I will help clean it up. I always bring garbage bags . Can't take all but a little at a time helps .Mabey post a sign that says pick up your garbage

I don't know the name.
I usually go a bit farther up 53 toward Hwy 26 and shoot at the rock quarry that is just off the road on the right. Since I drive a low slung Mustang I don't venture too far up the gravel roads.
The quarry area is getting fairly trashed too, I just don't have the vehicle to haul it all away.
Actually, I may head up there today since its supposed to be nice and sunny.
How far off 26 is the quarry ?

A lot of times if you pick it up you can leave the pile near the entrance. Notify either, local sheriff, BLM or Forest Service or State Department of Foestry depending on who owns it and they will pick it up for you. You can also contact Cogs or reno911 on this site. They and others are part of Trash No Land, a group that organize clean ups and promotes responsible public shooting... thanks

Thanks, Rem700.

Looks like it could be on a corner of the Tillamook State Forest and NE of Manzanita. Try to find it on Google Maps and ask your local ODF Tillamook State Forest office if it's theirs or not. If so, they may be able to help you with trash disposal. When you find out, post up a date for a cleanup and we'll round up some good folks to help.

If I were to check with our Forest Grove ODF contact, I'd need the precise map location of the place. Otherwise, no one can tell if it's private, public, county or BLM.

The Green, in the screen shot map, should be Tillamook State Forest.

upload_2018-3-22_17-2-32.png

Google Maps

Up above is link to its location. I'm 100% that's it State property. In the past week I removed about 5 bags of garbage, and half a truck bed of Scrap metal from a old Washer and a Refrigerator that someone dumped and was used for target practice.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the link. Looks square on the Tillamook Forest. I sent it to the Forest Grove office with a question on who to contact about help with a cleanup. I'll let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Thanks, Beltfed!

Okay, @Beltfed , I got some info for ya...

Sounds like the site is on Clatsop Sate Forest on land managed by the ODF Astoria District. Ty Williams would be a good person to contact at the Astoria District office. Ty is the Assistant District Forester for the Astoria District. You should send the link to Ty to show him the location. Here is Ty's contact information

Ty Williams
Assistant District Forester

[email protected]

(503) 325-5451

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two different sites being talked about in this thread.
The one I am using is "car" friendly as I can easily drive my Mustang just off the paved hwy 53.
I am not sure of the ownership but hopefully this link will take you there:

Google Maps

It is fairly trashed also. What was a discarded camper a couple of years ago is now all shot to he!! and the biggest piece left is the shot up ice box.
I would be happy to join in on a clean-up in either of these locations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top