Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

NFA waiver from WA State AG

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Doc Maker, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Doc Maker

Doc Maker Port Orchard, WA Active Member

Last week, the Washington State AG approved me for a waiver to RCW 9.41.190 and I am now allowed to purchase SBR's and machineguns in WA.:thumbup: I'm an instructor at JBLM, that's why I qualified. Once my FFL/SOT comes through (already met the BATFE guys,) I can get the new stuff for work. My question for the forum is twofold.

1) What ranges (indoors or out) allow full-auto? I can shoot at JBLM but it's not close to home. Kitsap is forbidden now. Any ideas?

2) Who is a class 3 gunsmith in the area? I want to get it refinished and inspected.

2. ScorpioMk

ScorpioMk Bothell Member

So are you getting your ffl/sot? Or if thats a separate part I'd be interested in seeing this letter, I dont understand how you can get a waiver to break a law. Nowhere in the rcw does it say anything about an exemption for non ffl/leo.

3. Doc Maker

Doc Maker Port Orchard, WA Active Member

It's not breaking the law. RCW 91.4.190 allows for exemptions because we're under a mil contract. I am getting an FFL/SOT but my business partner and I are named individually as well.