JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have links to legal documentations about NFA items crossing state lines?

Mainly looking for SBR and Silencers/Suppressors.

From what I gather an SBR needs ATF approval under form 5320.20

And Silencers/suppressors doesn't need approval so long as no state laws prohibit them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks SCARed.

Now, I read that we can actually have permission for a full year by filling out the 5320.20 form? But this is confusing as I don't know how it's supposed to be filled out when it's asking for an actual address and not just a state/city.

Has anyone ever filled one out for the full year before and if so maybe walk me through it? Thanks

Mine are done for the full year, and ironically I just received the new one in the mail today.

For the address of where you're going to in the other state, just put your favorite gun range, relative, etc. The -20 regulates INTERstate transport, not INTRAstate.

Things that are getting denied currently, are generic locations, i.e. "Oregon", GPS coordinates. Make sure the info for the firearm is the same as what's on your F1 or F4. Ive heard of the occasional person being denied because something doesn't match. But again it doesn't mean you have to have the firearm in that configuration.

Make sure your dates don't overlap. Mine are good from 12/15/15 to 12/14/16. They will reject if the year or date range is wrong.

Reason of transport should be "All lawful reasons" or "all lawful purposes".

Mode of transportation should be something like "personal vehicle".

I faxed mine on 11/29, was approved 12/8, and got it in the mail today.

Mine are done for the full year, and ironically I just received the new one in the mail today.

For the address of where you're going to in the other state, just put your favorite gun range, relative, etc. The -20 regulates INTERstate transport, not INTRAstate.

Things that are getting denied currently, are generic locations, i.e. "Oregon", GPS coordinates. Make sure the info for the firearm is the same as what's on your F1 or F4. Ive heard of the occasional person being denied because something doesn't match. But again it doesn't mean you have to have the firearm in that configuration.

Make sure your dates don't overlap. Mine are good from 12/15/15 to 12/14/16. They will reject if the year or date range is wrong.

Reason of transport should be "All lawful reasons" or "all lawful purposes".

Mode of transportation should be something like "personal vehicle".

I faxed mine on 11/29, was approved 12/8, and got it in the mail today.

Awesome! Just what I needed, appreciate it!

I got one back a few months ago that I filed for travel into Washington. I put the GPS coordinates from Blain to the Idaho/Canada border south to the Vancouver GPS coordinates essentially encompassing the entire state. It was approved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top