JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, there I was just wanting to get an idea how long the NFA paperwork is taking now. I have 4 things submitted for just about 4.5 mo now, has anyone got anything back recently and how long was it submitted??? Thanks, and safe shooting!!

I've been hearing that it's taking 6-10 months from the day you send the paperwork in. E-forms are quicker at 3-5 months.

They just cashed my check sent in with my paperwork 4 months ago.

I'm seeing some February 2013's come in now so looks like 10 months is about par at this point.

It might get slightly worse as they work through the stacks that no doubt increased by the day as the media hysteria skyrocketed (you may recall that DiFi wallowed in Sandy Hook for all it was worth until her bill was swatted down by Harry Reid in March of 2013.)

Won't be surprised if 11 months becomes the new normal for awhile, then the next wave of applications which have started in September that have been spawned by the Trust requirement proposal for fingerprints and LEO signoff for trusts will increase the backlog steadily this spring.

The probable adoption date for this new obstruction of the 2A will be June, 2014. After that roadblock hits, it's anybody's guess how long a May 25th 2014 application will take. Then there'll be the peak of the wait periods, who knows? 15 months? We will have to wait and see.

If you live in a community that the CLEO's do NOT support NFA signoffs, like the Puget Sound, it is truly last call and going to get much worse in the next 6 months.

With little else to do but wait :rolleyes:, I charted the trend line for NFA items being tracked in the Tracker site.

The vertical red line is December 15, 2012.

Here's what happened after that:

nfatrackerdec2012.jpg

had a friend waiting on a can call the ATF to get an update.. He was told to expect 12-15 months. (sent his form in 3/12/2013) The word is that the longer wait is both from huge volume increase + the government shutdown we had.

I just don't get it. I can pay an extra $65 to the clowns at the government agency that brought us Benghazi and get my passport renewed in a week or two. You can't tell me that the volume of Passport apps is less than the number of NFA requests.

It's just a matter of priorities and we are obviously NOT the Government's (and certainly not the BATFE's) priority when it comes to NFA items and private citizens. Go figure.

I suspect an intentional delay just because Zero requested that all departments cause as much pain as possible for the 5 percent reduction in spending increases that is referred to as the Sequester.

I just don't get it. I can pay an extra $65 to the clowns at the government agency that brought us Benghazi and get my passport renewed in a week or two. You can't tell me that the volume of Passport apps is less than the number of NFA requests.

It's just a matter of priorities and we are obviously NOT the Government's (and certainly not the BATFE's) priority when it comes to NFA items and private citizens. Go figure.

Well, there is only 10 examiners for the entire country. They have not added one new person in the last 4 years, yet there are 4x the number of NFA applications. It has to be the only government department tasked with 4x the workload yet no new personnel..

Of course, since they cash our $200 check for our stamp up front, there isn't much incentive for them to get our approvals out any faster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top