JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Going over the agenda. It had the second reading on 3/2/2022. There has been no activity on it except to keep adding amendments that have not been approved or rejected and looking at the time stamps the republicans were adding them all night up until about 1:30 this morning.
And I hope they're continuing to do so...

Going over the agenda. It had the second reading on 3/2/2022. There has been no activity on it except to keep adding amendments that have not been approved or rejected and looking at the time stamps the republicans were adding them all night up until about 1:30 this morning.
All the amendments I see have been there a while. Where are you looking?

This is probably the last online communications I will have with my elected officials so I figured I might as well share my true thoughts and give 'em both barrels.

"Well Mike, Steve and Kevin (24th leg district), another year and yet another session to fight Washington Democrats trying to take away more rights from Washington citizens.
If you think for one minute that this magazine ban is constitutional then you sir, along with the rest of the Democrats, are delusional.
Just look at the headlines about what's happening between Russia and Ukraine. Do you want to further erode our rights to where we cannot defend ourselves from outside aggressors? I think not!!!
We will see you in court.
Oh, I was right that you are as anti-gun as rest of your party.
You do not deserve to have guns if you plan to try disarmament of peaceable citizens!!! TURN THEM IN!!!

Caveman Jim

Last Edited:
Emailed all dem reps up for elections in contested areas in '22 and '23 again this morning...keep pushing! Information to help you do the same is here: https://bit.ly/22-EAOD14
My statement via email for reference:

"Hello,

We in Washington State enjoy the freedom of our wide-open spaces through our outdoor activities-skiing, backpacking, fishing, and for hundreds of thousands of us including many of your constituents: shooting sports. With crime reaching an inflection point in Washington state, and SB 5078 regarding restrictions on magazine capacity for law abiding citizens likely up for a vote today in the House, I feel the need to speak out.

I realize that over the past few weeks you and your office have heard all of the sound talking points repeated ad nauseam from myriad Washingtonians opposing the unconstitutional bills infringing upon the rights us Americans are guaranteed by the second amendment to the United States constitution which yourself, Sen. Liias, AG Ferguson and others continually introduce and support without broad impetus from the people you were elected to represent-thus, I'll keep this short and speak in terms which actually matter to politicians.

Look at the comment numbers in opposition to this bill while it was in the house civil rights committee, and you'll see that they are unpopular: a political hazard. Understand that I am a former dyed-in-the-wool blue voter who no longer supports politicians who attempt to infringe upon my right to bear arms and that there are many in the diverse community of gun owners like me who are concerned about the erosion of those rights. Millions of new gun owners set records for gun sales across the country in recent years, with many located in Washington state-a significant portion of which will become single issue voters to protect what remains of their rights moving forward should 5078 pass. We are wise to your party's unconstitutional efforts and are, more importantly, organized.

Moving forward, I will encourage anyone who will listen to not support any WA politician who supports such measures as SB 5078, the proposed "assault weapons" ban, or anything resembling them introduced in the future. Several WA Democratic politicians (including yourself) are up for re-election in the near term, and I would advise that efforts to force these legislative measures upon the law-abiding populace of Washington is an unwise decision on account of their obvious unpopularity with the actual residents of our state. I realize this is inconvenient for the donors who keep your coffers flooded with campaign funding, but I implore you to consider the job you were elected to do-represent the people of Washington who have spoken loudly and clearly in opposition to SB 5078.

Any deviation from opposition of such measures represents a failure in your position as a lawmaker and representative of the people of Washington.

xxxxx
Lifelong Washington Resident"

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top