JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BudK has some nice "Night Watchman" Heavy Duty Sword Canes with blades made from SK5 steel (1080 High Carbon composition). These are not cheap imports, but real metal canes with a high-quality cutlery blade inside that can be pulled at a moment's notice. (25" of blade can dismember, decapitate and run through an opponent on demand). All this is accomplished while posing as an innocuous walking aid. (It serves quite well in that capacity too).

Does anyone else have one of these?

Here is the link for anyone like me who was curious:
Night Watchman Heavy Duty SK5 Steel Sword Cane | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!

It did look interesting.
Legal? Have no idea. No doubt it would not be in at least some area's.
Well made? Sure looks to be. Cold Steel makes one that looks like the same model with their name on it.
Effective? Sure looks like it would be. Against anything short of a gun.
I have long used a "walking stick" when walking the dog. Used it MANY times to ward off another dog that decided it wanted to eat my dog. The one I use is made from a blank for a baseball bat, turned down to a walking stick. VERY effective. Often just the sight of it stops a dog in it's tracks.

Really bugs me that there is no guard ahead of the grip. I am picturing trying to thrust it into something and having my hand slide up onto the blade. Seems like they could have added a small spring loaded guard.

Captain O is a sailor, so a sword cane to "repel boarders" is a perfectly logical choice to self defense. If you have a CCW it might be OK.

I mean who is going to mess with a grizzled old salt who whips out a cutless and sez: "Avast ye scurvy dog!" Bad guys may think they are ready for this and that but I'll bet the sudden sight of a couple of feet of cold steel would give many a pause.

Brutus Out

BudK has some nice "Night Watchman" Heavy Duty Sword Canes with blades made from SK5 steel (1080 High Carbon composition). These are not cheap imports, but real metal canes with a high-quality cutlery blade inside that can be pulled at a moment's notice. (25" of blade can dismember, decapitate and run through an opponent on demand). All this is accomplished while posing as an innocuous walking aid. (It serves quite well in that capacity too).

Does anyone else have one of these?

:s0122: I wanna see it! :D

You call that a cane sword?.

th?id=OIP.F3Q_8bLl91f9R0KUJUz14gEsDe&w=228&h=170&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

25" blade likely exceeds concealed blade limits mandated by most governmental entities..
An unrelated random check by authorities could provide unexpected grief or at best, the confiscation of it.
Receptacle to the sword cane concept along with starting to need something to lean on myself, I forswore that line of thinking as an unprofitable legal risk. I'll stay with my so far legally concealed equalizer and eventually a stout cane to assist my fast approaching age related shortcomings.

Bus and train stations no one would give it a second look. Lots of aluminum canes these days, fit a "HurryCane end on it and you'd be king of the retirement home. I like the intimidation factor and the old saying better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Of course it is not available for shipment in Kommifornia.

Brutus Out

Bus and train stations no one would give it a second look. Lots of aluminum canes these days, fit a "HurryCane end on it and you'd be king of the retirement home. I like the intimidation factor and the old saying better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Of course it is not available for shipment in Kommifornia.

Brutus Out
That's a good point and aided by its nondescript unassuming appearance.

I just ordered a United Defense Adjustable Self-Defense cane. I'll take this traveling and keep buy the "Night Watchman" for "other scenarios". ;)

Stay tuned.

Here is that one:
United Defense Adjustable Self Defense Cane - Virtually Indestructible | BUDK.com - Knives & Swords At The Lowest Prices!

Looks like a nice idea. That you could probably carry almost anywhere and no one would pay any attention to it. From looking at some of the video's looks like it would make a great striking weapon if needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top