JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BudK has some nice "Night Watchman" Heavy Duty Sword Canes with blades made from SK5 steel (1080 High Carbon composition). These are not cheap imports, but real metal canes with a high-quality cutlery blade inside that can be pulled at a moment's notice. (25" of blade can dismember, decapitate and run through an opponent on demand). All this is accomplished while posing as an innocuous walking aid. (It serves quite well in that capacity too).

Does anyone else have one of these?

I don't have any sword canes, but I have a friend who has one with a top that looks like the head of a dragon. It's just for show but still really cool.

Dunno.

I'd think a regular cane would be handier for less than lethal encounters, and to maintain distance to draw your lethal option, if necessary.
If not going with a sword cane I've always liked the look of Cold Steel's Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdragonimpact.com%2Fbiz%2Fimages%2FColdSteelBlackthornStick.jpg

I remember when I learned about sword canes. It was in Hannibal, MO at the office of Mark Twain. Cane pistols, too. The idea fascinated me.
What's the legality of a sword cane?

TSA: Woman's cane concealed sword at Myrtle Beach airport

They're kinda cool and all, but they are far from legal in Oregon (that said, I do have a Harvey's at work for sale). I'd almost rather have the cane with the built in flasks
Myrtle Beach airport security is odd.

The Sherrif Deputies have near on cows if you spend too much time unloading curbside (saying farewells & such). When there's NOBODY else there...

Meanwhile PDX has cars sitting stacked curbside & all the way down th ramp....

I almost never travel on planes anymore (too expensive) I'll probably be on either Amtrak or the Greydog. Old farts like me can ride the rails at an inexpensive rate. (The 'Hound can cost even less).

I also would be worried about the legality of the sword cane.
I understand your point Captain O about : "wouldn't it be better to face a weapons charge than be dead in the street."
But if you had to use it ... that weapons charge is another legal and expensive headache and potential jail time.

I like the idea of a stout walking stick / hiking staff , less hassle all around and can be every bit as lethal if needed ... But do as you wish and good luck to you.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show
Granite Falls, WA
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads