JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome aboard!
You've got one of the best shooting facilities in your backyard - Tri-County Gun Club. Plenty of TCGC members in this forum. Stick around, post, make some friends and I'm sure a TCGC member would be happy to take you as a guest.
If you want to get out in the woods, plenty of great places in the coast range not far from home either.

1697559925507.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome aboard!
You've got one of the best shooting facilities in your backyard - Tri-County Gun Club. Plenty of TCGC members in this forum. Stick around, post, make some friends and I'm sure a TCGC member would be happy to take you as a guest.
If you want to get out in the woods, plenty of great places in the coast range not far from home either.
Hi,
I probably passed by at that road on the "left side going up" from Oregon st. a thousand times and I didn't even know or kind of knew there was something going on in there. That is a very nice location! Would love to know more about it.
Thank you for the response.

Hi,
I probably passed by at that road on the "left side going up" from Oregon st. a thousand times and I didn't even know or kind of knew there was something going on in there. That is a very nice location! Would love to know more about it.
Thank you for the response.
Tri-County has multiple types of ranges. Rifle, Pistol, Archery and offer's competitions throughout the year.

There is also a very long wait list, so if you're interested in becoming a member, go to their website and sign up. It's a great place that offers pretty much everything you need to enjoy firearms.

Tri-County has multiple types of ranges. Rifle, Pistol, Archery and offer's competitions throughout the year.

There is also a very long wait list, so if you're interested in becoming a member, go to their website and sign up. It's a great place that offers pretty much everything you need to enjoy firearms.
Took me around 18 months or so to get in... and I didn't know a soul there so I had never even seen it.

... And Would Like to Know a Great Target Place to Meet, Shoot and Have Fun On Certain Days. Thanks!
Welcome to NWFA!

Took me around 18 months or so to get in... and I didn't know a soul there so I had never even seen it.
I've been on the waitlist since July 2022. I will finally finish the process and become a member next month.

I shot there a lot when I was in Law Enforcement. It's a great facility and well worth the money and wait. I can't justify going to Threat Dynamics and paying their prices along with the ammo inspection fee. A couple of times there and my Tri-County membership is paid for.

Welcome to NWFA!
I've been on the waitlist since July 2022. I will finally finish the process and become a member next month.

I shot there a lot when I was in Law Enforcement. It's a great facility and well worth the money and wait. I can't justify going to Threat Dynamics and paying their prices along with the ammo inspection fee. A couple of times there and my Tri-County membership is paid for.
Welcome aboard.
RE: Ron Tonquin
Sounds like an exciting place to go and I'll definitely sign up even there's a waiting list. Meanwhile I'll try to go to some places too to explore and also so I can try the new rifles that's coming this end of the week.
Thank you for the warmth welcome and glad to join the membership. I'm just new to the guns and rifles. Well the old saying "I fired a few shots." My dad was a naval officer and I grew up in the base back in the late 70's-80's. It was really fun being there and I definitely miss it.
Anyways I'm starting from ground zero and would like to join and learn things basically for fun and home defense.

RE: Ron Tonquin
Sounds like an exciting place to go and I'll definitely sign up even there's a waiting list. Meanwhile I'll try to go to some places too to explore and also so I can try the new rifles that's coming this end of the week.
Thank you for the warmth welcome and glad to join the membership. I'm just new to the guns and rifles. Well the old saying "I fired a few shots." My dad was a naval officer and I grew up in the base back in the late 70's-80's. It was really fun being there and I definitely miss it.
Anyways I'm starting from ground zero and would like to join and learn things basically for fun and home defense.
You're in the right spot! Lots of combined experience here for sure.

Let us know if you need help with anything specific. I can suggest beginning with the universal firearms safety rules first - if you aren't familiar with those, then you should commit them to memory and live them.

Congrats and enjoy your new membership. Sounds like promising place and you'll keep for life. Are you shooting with the some members on places too?

Congrats and enjoy your new membership. Sounds like promising place and you'll keep for life. Are you shooting with the some members on places too?
I usually shoot with my son. I have some health issues that prevent me from being out and about too much. I survived colon cancer and am living with the after effects. I also need to watch my budget living on a fixed income.

I wouldn't be opposed to shoot with some of the NWFA members but am hesitant to shoot with people I don't know. I am particular when it comes to range safety.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge lurking around here.

Welcome to the forum! Tri-County is a great place to go shooting but it will take a while to get in there. I have my approval/application date now set for December of this year but had been on the wait list since October of last year. If you're looking for another solid place to go shoot while you wait that isn't public you should check out Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. They're over in Eagle Creek (so it's a bit of a drive, but most places are), but it's a great range and much easier to become a member at. I've been shooting there for almost a year and really like it.

Congrats and welcome to the community!

Recommendation for Tri-County, get on the wait list now. They just started their new member process for people that have been on the wait list since last year. I got on the list last spring and got notice my group will start the onboarding process in March of 2024. If you sign up now, you will have a better chance of getting in an early group for next year.

Welcome to the forum! Tri-County is a great place to go shooting but it will take a while to get in there. I have my approval/application date now set for December of this year but had been on the wait list since October of last year. If you're looking for another solid place to go shoot while you wait that isn't public you should check out Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. They're over in Eagle Creek (so it's a bit of a drive, but most places are), but it's a great range and much easier to become a member at. I've been shooting there for almost a year and really like it.
Congrats on your upcoming entry. Enjoy! I just signed in and will wait for the next opening. If youre a member, can I bring my wife with me in the club? I'm not sure if I need to sign her in too. But she doesn't shoot.

Congrats on your upcoming entry. Enjoy! I just signed in and will wait for the next opening. If youre a member, can I bring my wife with me in the club? I'm not sure if I need to sign her in too. But she doesn't shoot.
Thank you! Hope you get in quickly. You used to be able to bring guests for free and I'm assuming that is still true. They just need to be with you at all times while on the firing ranges. As long as someone doesn't want to go on there own or shoot on a different range/course than you they don't need a membership.

Congrats and welcome to the community!

Recommendation for Tri-County, get on the wait list now. They just started their new member process for people that have been on the wait list since last year. I got on the list last spring and got notice my group will start the onboarding process in March of 2024. If you sign up now, you will have a better chance of getting in an early group for next year.
Hi. I went ahead and signed in. Like what you said the better the earlier... Thank you for the warmth welcome.

Thank you! Hope you get in quickly. You used to be able to bring guests for free and I'm assuming that is still true. They just need to be with you at all times while on the firing ranges. As long as someone doesn't want to go on there own or shoot on a different range/course than you they don't need a membership.
Well understood. I'll just start with my membership. I need to go back and review all the requirements. All I remember is background check, must own a registered weapon, living around the area. But I have no idea about what are the different kinds of membership like hand guns, rifles, fees and all that stuff. That one year or less will go by fast. Hopefully soon. I could have sworn there is an archery. Is that a different membership or division?

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews