JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would they completely redesign one of the most successful and reliable systems on the planet? Keep what's good and proven to be reliable and improve upon the overall gun is a step forward Imo.
They could have improved how the mags are inserted - while keeping the same mags.

How often do you change barrels on the fly or in the field, on an infantry rifle?

They could have improved how the mags are inserted - while keeping the same mags.

How often do you change barrels on the fly or in the field, on an infantry rifle?
That all depends.

How tight is your polo shirt?
How tan are your massive biceps?
How overpriced are your stunners?

lzr-wht-usa-glxy_1200x.png

Why would they completely redesign one of the most successful and reliable systems on the planet? Keep what's good and proven to be reliable and improve upon the overall gun is a step forward Imo.
AUG has easy to remove barrel and no one claims its unreliable, except the AUGs made by Australians. Allowing a barrel to be swapped on this rifle is an improvement on thr AK design, especially regarding convenience for the end user. Imagine an AK where you're not required to have to remove rivets and use a press to replace the barrel. You can still keep the reliability. The Russians did similar with the RPK-16. What keeps the Russians from doing stuff isn't reliability, its that they can't afford it.

This opens up the rifle to serve different purposes. Picture the rifle now being used for generic infantry, DMR, situations where a short barrel is needed, and a LMG. All at the swap of a barrel. Frees up work for the armorer when literally anyone can convert their own gun to serve these purposes.

Modernizing a rifle to keep up in the modern world isn't a bad thing.

Last Edited:
This opens up the rifle to serve different purposes. Picture the rifle now being used for generic infantry, DMR, situations where a short barrel is needed, and a LMG. All at the swap of a barrel. Frees up work for the armorer when literally anyone can convert their own gun to serve these purposes.
Certainly, but that doesn't need to happen in the field. Infantry is not going to be carrying the makings for an LMG in order to switch their carbine to LMG. That will happen at a base where the armorer is.

I am not saying that it isn't an improvement, but an improvement that is much more useful for the user of an Kalashnikov is improving how the mag is changed.

Certainly, but that doesn't need to happen in the field. Infantry is not going to be carrying the makings for an LMG in order to switch their carbine to LMG. That will happen at a base where the armorer is.

I am not saying that it isn't an improvement, but an improvement that is much more useful for the user of an Kalashnikov is improving how the mag is changed.
To nitpick the armorer part, this also makes it a lot easier for the armorer and saves up time. This increases productivity on a lot of levels. And if its used as a LMG, might wanna make it easy to change the barrel anyways.

And if this ever becomes available to us, its an even bigger upgrade for us. Easier to change the barrel when you eventually wear it out (depending on how much you shoot), but if something else happens and only the barrel is ruined you no longer need a press.

To nitpick the armorer part, this also makes it a lot easier for the armorer and saves up time. This increases productivity on a lot of levels. And if its used as a LMG, might wanna make it easy to change the barrel anyways.

And if this ever becomes available to us, its an even bigger upgrade for us. Easier to change the barrel when you eventually wear it out (depending on how much you shoot), but if something else happens and only the barrel is ruined you no longer need a press.
Oh I would love it - I think one of the big benefits of the AR is its modularity and I think it would be nice to have the ability to change out the barrel.

I just think it would be a better improvement to improve how the mag is inserted (while keeping the same mags).

Oh I would love it - I think one of the big benefits of the AR is its modularity and I think it would be nice to have the ability to change out the barrel.

I just think it would be a better improvement to improve how the mag is inserted (while keeping the same mags).
At best you can add a polymer well to act as a guide. Not much of a design difference, could probably fabricate your own.

The barrel though? Big design change, and increases overall productivity and potentially improve logistics. Why have different guns when you can just send one type and spare barrels?