JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9301dbec971ecc4faecb8c02ce28eed6.jpg

Couple thoughts:

15% of an AK 47 isn't an AK 47

Being able to switch barrels while charged seems like a "feature" designed to make more people buy a new gun when they inevitably blow it up

Couple thoughts:

15% of an AK 47 isn't an AK 47

Being able to switch barrels while charged seems like a "feature" designed to make more people buy a new gun when they inevitably blow it up
Ability to swap barrels easily isn't a new thing. Charging handle aside, its an AK action using the same AK gas system. Looks like the same receiver even.

Ability to swap barrels easily isn't a new thing. Charging handle aside, its an AK action using the same AK gas system. Looks like the same receiver even.

I'm not really super familiar with rifles that let you swap barrels, but being able to swap while having a round chambered seems like a recipe for disaster.

Unless I misunderstood the video where he said you can change barrels while the weapon is "hot".

I'm not really super familiar with rifles that let you swap barrels, but being able to swap while having a round chambered seems like a recipe for disaster.

Unless I misunderstood the video where he said you can change barrels while the weapon is "hot".
I mean, once chambered if the barrel is removable there isn't really anything stopping you from pulling it out usually, since its the bolt holding the round in place. As per usual, make sure the rifle is unloaded before you do anything. Ultimately the individual handling a firearm is the one who is doing the negligent act, if one is being committed.

My understanding is is that the bolt holds the round while the barrel is removed and the round stays with the bolt does not go with the barrel

My understanding is is that the bolt holds the round while the barrel is removed and the round stays with the bolt does not go with the barrel
That's my understanding too. Then you have a x39 teed up in a 6.5 g barrel or vice versa.
Yes, but its not really intentional by design, that's just how the bolt works in just about every rifle. If the barrel is removable there's usually nothing stopping you from removing it while a round is chambered. Except a bit of grey matter reminding ya to unload first.

Just seems weird cause rifles with QD barrels aren't very common, usually a feature for machine guns where by the time you're replacing you've shot it a lot and you're swapping before a reload or its just something done in an armory.

Yes, but its not really intentional by design, that's just how the bolt works in just about every rifle. If the barrel is removable there's usually nothing stopping you from removing it while a round is chambered. Except a bit of grey matter reminding ya to unload first.

Just seems weird cause rifles with QD barrels aren't very common, usually a feature for machine guns where by the time you're replacing you've shot it a lot and you're swapping before a reload or its just something done in an armory.
Gimmicks sell.
Especially gimmicks that make you more John Wickish.

The concept and execution are not gimmicky. The video of someone doing it live definitely is.
Eh, gotta sell your product somehow. Especially now that zastava is trying to expand and do their own thing. I'll always welcome a design that makes things easier for the end user.

Big names like FN, H&K, Steyr, etc don't need to do much. They're already everywhere pretty much.

Plus gun videos are more entertaining than the other crap on youtube that isn't music.

... its an AK action using the same AK gas system. Looks like the same receiver even.
Why would they completely redesign one of the most successful and reliable systems on the planet? Keep what's good and proven to be reliable and improve upon the overall gun is a step forward Imo.