JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I picked one up last night from Brightwater. Great guys to deal with and a decent price considering the gouging people are doing on gunbroker and the like for them. I ran a couple hundred rounds on the press last night and am taking it out shooting tonight to see how she runs. Also curious to see what kind of velocities I will get from the longer barrel. The load I am using runs at 1130fps through my friends XD w/ the 3.8" barrel. Might be able to step it down a bit if it's running faster

My .02

I've gone through DH1, 2 and 3 at OFA this year. DH1 with my Glock 23 3rd gen (I've owned and carried this for 10+ years but went to the Walther last year), DH2 with my Walther PPS 40 and finally DH3 with my new XDM 40 (4.5 barrel). I really got to know the XDM and have to say the glock will continue at its 3rd place behind the Walther and the XDM.

During the 3 Dh classes the only pistol of the three that I had malfunctions with was my Glock - I was using a LW match aftermarket barrel and toward the end of the class wound up with several FTE's.

I really, really have begun to like the XDM; especially after a full day and 450 rounds at DH3. About 1K rounds now and zero hiccups.

During the 3 Dh classes the only pistol of the three that I had malfunctions with was my Glock - I was using a LW match aftermarket barrel and toward the end of the class wound up with several FTE's.

This is one of the main reasons Glock pistols should be left as they leave the factory. Home "gunsmiths" trying to make "improvements" to Glock pistols by installing aftermarket products that were not designed by Glock, are the greatest way to cut down on the reliability of any Glock handgun. Bill T.

This is one of the main reasons Glock pistols should be left as they leave the factory. Home "gunsmiths" trying to make "improvements" to Glock pistols by installing aftermarket products that were not designed by Glock, are the greatest way to cut down on the reliability of any Glock handgun. Bill T.

That may be the case but some owners might like the ability to reload rounds and use them in their pistol. AFAIK every other gun on the market can shoot reloads except for Glock. Maybe they should put fully supported chambers in all their pistols then?

That may be the case but some owners might like the ability to reload rounds and use them in their pistol. AFAIK every other gun on the market can shoot reloads except for Glock. Maybe they should put fully supported chambers in all their pistols then?

1.) I understand that. My point is simply Glock delivers their pistols to perform within certain parameters. If you as the owner start changing things, and reliability is directly effected by those changes, that is the owners fault, not Glocks. If a Chevrolet Corvette is designed to run on 91 octane Premium fuel, and the owner puts in cut rate regular, and detonates the engine in the process, is that Chevy's fault?

2.) Glock pistols have unsupported chambers for a specific reason. They are designed to feed most any open nose, high performance, self defense ammunition on the market with total reliability. The price paid for this reliability is the gun should not be shot with reloads, or the possibility of a blown case exists. Again, owners which to change this with aftermarket barrels, and decrease reliability in the process. This is not the fault of Glock. Bill T.

1.) I understand that. My point is simply Glock delivers their pistols to perform within certain parameters. If you as the owner start changing things, and reliability is directly effected by those changes, that is the owners fault, not Glocks. If a Chevrolet Corvette is designed to run on 91 octane Premium fuel, and the owner puts in cut rate regular, and detonates the engine in the process, is that Chevy's fault?

2.) Glock pistols have unsupported chambers for a specific reason. They are designed to feed most any open nose, high performance, self defense ammunition on the market with total reliability. The price paid for this reliability is the gun should not be shot with reloads, or the possibility of a blown case exists. Again, owners which to change this with aftermarket barrels, and decrease reliability in the process. This is not the fault of Glock. Bill T.

Since this is a thread about the new XDM and I've read certain other threads regarding glocks I'll keep this short and will likely make this my sole reply. I've owned, carried, and relied upon several Glocks in the last 20 years and would not hesitate to grab one when something goes bump in the night, etc. I love the fact that I can drop a 9mm conversion barrel and I have basically a Glock 23 and 19.
I think acknowledging that Glocks are near the top of the most capable SD firearms ever is fair. But as with everything there is a pro/con continuum - ie., you should train how you fight and if your handgun needs modifications to take reloads or cannot shoot reloads then that is a tick on the con side (who can afford to run 100 + rnds of factory new SD ammo a week through their pistol? - If you're out there I'm looking for a new shooting buddy!:D).

Right now the Walther PPS 40 is at the top of my carry list.
Will the XDM permanently usurp the Glock for me? - I'll let you know after a few years and a few thousand rounds.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top