New XDM released

OP
G
Reactions
Haha my HK .40sw compact is my carry , .45 will be in a 1911 flavor if I can ever figure out which one so that left me desiring something in 9mm for target shooting. This will do nicely I think. I saw a lot of people hoping for a compact .45

Reactions
STI makes a 1911 <broken link removed> but it is a full size long slide 1911. You can click the link. 14+1 for capacity.
Actually, I was hoping for an XDM in 10mm. I've got a couple of DEs and a Kimber in 10mm to cover the 1911 form factor area, as well as an assortment of other 10s, but I think I'd like to try one in an XD form factor.

elsie

I agree it would seem a good form factor for it, but I wonder if the design would accommodate a longer cartridge like the 10MM

Reactions
I have read that the street price on this will be in the $1200+ range. I would like one but for that price I could have a couple glocks and still have money to burn.
Further reading and poking around seems to point to a MSRP between $700 and 800. Springfield still has not yet released pricing info as of yet. Hopefully the street price on these will be closer to $650

Reactions
Further reading and poking around seems to point to a MSRP between $700 and 800. Springfield still has not yet released pricing info as of yet. Hopefully the street price on these will be closer to $650
My local dealer has them in blue for $694.13. With a Stainless Steel slide for $748.53. His prices are lower than most. For me, for this gun, that seems high. He sells Glock 34's for $572.29. That's a full $121.84 more for the blued Springfield. Springfield is creeping well into H&K pricing territory with this weapon. For me that is simply too much. You must keep in mind when Springfield bought the rights to the HS-2000, which is the original Springfield XD, it sold everywhere for $250.00, and no one wanted it. It just shows you what good advertising, along with a $5 molded plastic holster will do for sales. Bill T.

Webfeet

Reactions
I'm anxious to see how people compare this new model to the M&P Pro. The Hickock45 video mentioned above sure made it look like a sweet shooter. I'm all for more great guns coming out. Hopefully it'll push the prices down with some rebates or extra goodies when you buy.

BroncoFan

Reactions
Went to Impact Guns in Boise and put 50 rounds through the gun. I have to say I loved it very accurate at 25 yards and no recoil to speak of. I mostly carry a Walther PPS in 40 and also switch off with a Glock 23. Would love to shoot the 4.5 40. Might have to sell the 23!

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom