JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I came home from CA yesterday afternoon. Chains were required on Anderson grade in Northern CA ? Everyone at Yreka was chaining up and my Tracker doesn't have snow tires. I asked a Caltrans worker and he said I might need my chains at the top. The slow lane on Anderson grade was basically bare and the fast lane was slushy. I got to the top and followed two snowplows down the other side.
Sign said no chains required Siskyou Pass. I got to the mile post 6 on I 5 and followed 4 abreast sanding trucks almost all the way down on packed snow.

I even have a large supply of unseasoned wood availible in a pinch, but hunkering down alone in my cabin for a week without power or internet isn't how i wanted to spend the week. I'll survive, but I'm not going to be happy about it.

You could always start a manifesto... :p

Headed down to my cabin in a few minutes to clear snow off the roof and get a fire going and watch some movies for the day, then head back tonight. Going to be a challenge to get to it and might be stuck there for a couple of days even if I do.

Having bounced back and forth between West Virgina and Virginia most of my life, with about 2 years in Chicago thrown in there (and one forgettable year in Pittsburgh), I can verify that "snow" here isn't snow, "cold" isn't cold, "hot" isn't hot and humid (thank everything remotely holy), and "traffic" isn't traffic. And there's no denying that I've probably seen more wrecks in my two years here than I've seen in most of the rest of my driving life combined. But other than the wrecks part, it makes me feel spoiled! Everybody stay safe!

Yep, people here are friggin idiots when it comes to driving.... even without snow!!!
Wish they would all go back to Kalifornia.

East coast is the same way. I'm currently in North Carolina and all of the Yankees from New Jersey and New York keep moving down here because of the taxes, etc., etc. Yet they try to bring the same big government ideas into the system here. And the corresponding tax increases and government controls.

We got more snow last night. The power has been knocked out for some hours, but we have backup juice from a standby generator and heat from a wood stove, so we're OK. A little later I'll likely hike down the hill and see what the road down and the rest look like.

I hooked up the digital antenna to our old ignored tv and my wife watched
the teleblabbers on channel 13 covering "The storm of the century" (followed by ominous music)
I can't stand tv but I heard at least 30 minutes of continuous laughter from my wife upstairs
watching the teleblabbers trying their best to turn it into Armageddon in Seattle.
It's nice to make her happy.......;)

East coast is the same way. I'm currently in North Carolina and all of the Yankees from New Jersey and New York keep moving down here because of the taxes, etc., etc. Yet they try to bring the same big government ideas into the system here. And the corresponding tax increases and government controls.

Yep you got that right, I grew up in the South and I'll tell you one thing you could bought the Yankees Yankees by their rusted-out vehicles from salting the roads up there.:eek::eek::eek:

Just looked outside. Snow is still coming down out there.. Yesterday, I made a quick run to Lake O, to buy some wheels and snow tires for my daughters car. I 84 was a mess from The Dalles to around Multnomah falls. People driving about 30mph out there and some semi's getting impatient and trying to pass some of those slow drivers. The ones that irritate me, are the ones hanging out in the passing lane doing about 35mph, barely going faster than the cars in the slow lane. The way I see it, is if you aren't going to pass, get over into the slow lane with the others...

Hwy 27, which is the main route to Pullman from palouse, is closed. Girlfriend and I woke up at 4am so she could get ready for work. I looked outside and saw that we got another few inches of snow overnight.
Checked the WSDOT site and found out that the road is closed due to drifting and vehicles blocking the way.
So we're watching The Ranch on Netflix and waiting for it to open up.
Not a lot of snow, but the roads surrounding palouse drift over pretty easily.
IMG_20190211_055706615.jpg

Lol still snowing in eastern Washington.
My trip to SPOKANE yesterday.Vantage hill going down to the Columbia River was fun
ICE all the way from Elensburg to mosses lake. MVIMG_20190214_171258.jpg MVIMG_20190214_172330.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top