JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1830 hrs. I headed to the nearby WinCo. When I got there, the parking lot was full of cars. And once I got inside, I noted that all of the carts were already taken. Many meat and produce items were not to be found. Really.....the shelves were empty.

Oh well, canned food and MREs are abundant in my house.

Aloha, Mark

Hmmm, tastes like coke. Smells like coke. These snowflakes must be coke. See how easy this is everyone.
Being an admitted smart-bubblegum here.
I'll toast anyones snow filled whiskey.
Why didn't this come during duck season?

Hmmm, tastes like coke. Smells like coke. These snowflakes must be coke. See how easy this is everyone.
Being an admitted smart-bubblegum here.
I'll toast anyones snow filled whiskey.
Why didn't this come during duck season?
Watch out for the yellow stuff.

Probably have a good 2"-3" and they've already run a plow down the main stretch.
I'm going to bake some brownies!
Special Brownies??:rolleyes:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1mewqMmpbmerab8QYMNToRHRHXf3cg01yfXhJXGbcCcnlcrkz.jpg

1830 hrs. I headed to the nearby WinCo. When I got there, the parking lot was full of cars. And once I got inside, I noted that all of the carts were already taken. Many meat and produce items were not to be found. Really.....the shelves were empty.

Wife just got back from waiting in lines of 40+ people at the Beaverton WinCo for over an hour. And had the same issues you mentioned. Too bad she didn't go earlier, as she only needed a few essentials. Some in line had 2 and 3 full shopping carts.
You'd think the end of the world was happening. I was checking the news for inbound nukes.
Probably would have been less of a panic!:s0030:

All that for what might amount to maybe a few inches. And likely just over the weekend.
Being from Chicago (and a few other places with real winters), I can tell many folks around here have never seen it REALLY snow.
Yet if there's any accumulation the whole area shuts down. Well, at least they're not driving if they're "stuck" at home.

I'm in Hillsboro, it's 11:30pm, and still not a single flake has fallen yet.

snowmageddonmeme001.jpg

Wife just got back from waiting in lines of 40+ people at the Beaverton WinCo for over an hour. And had the same issues you mentioned. Too bad she didn't go earlier, as she only needed a few essentials. Some in line had 2 and 3 full shopping carts.
You'd think the end of the world was happening. I was checking the news for inbound nukes.
Probably would have been less of a panic!:s0030:

All that for what might amount to maybe a few inches. And likely just over the weekend.
Being from Chicago (and a few other places with real winters), I can tell many folks around here have never seen it REALLY snow.
Yet if there's any accumulation the whole area shuts down. Well, at least they're not driving if they're "stuck" at home.

I'm in Hillsboro, it's 11:30pm, and still not a single flake has fallen yet.

View attachment 546672
Just wait until you see how they drive in it :eek: You are in for a treat

On these storms you have to go to the store on the day before the day before the storm. We went Thursday and all was normal. We filled all our gas tanks yesterday.

We want to be ready for the 16 hours of blizzard!

Doesn't help that the radio was blabbing about stocking up for the "big" storm. :rolleyes:
I have a 91 Land Cruiser with good tires and chains in the back if I need them.

I'm usually wiped out by the time I get to work, not from driving, from dodging all the idiots on the road, constantly looking for them and and trying to anticipate their stupidity.

Thawing my rig out now and if it's isn't all that busy today I think I'll just stay home and miss out on all that today.

SO CAL transplants drive great in the snow

A couple of years ago I was watching a guy with Cali plates that had traffic blocked as he was spinning out.
Front wheel just spinning and the rear chained wheels just sitting there being lazy and not helping out for some reason.

For the most part, I work in Portland and live in The Dalles. Been doing it since 2001. Just over 1 million miles of driving, just to and from work. I've seen all of which you guys talk about when it comes to drivers. No accidents as of yet, knock on wood.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top