JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snomageddon
IMG_20190209_064135447.jpg
Screw it , going to work .

Wife just got back from waiting in lines of 40+ people at the Beaverton WinCo for over an hour. And had the same issues you mentioned. Too bad she didn't go earlier, as she only needed a few essentials. Some in line had 2 and 3 full shopping carts.
You'd think the end of the world was happening. I was checking the news for inbound nukes.
Probably would have been less of a panic!:s0030:

All that for what might amount to maybe a few inches. And likely just over the weekend.
Being from Chicago (and a few other places with real winters), I can tell many folks around here have never seen it REALLY snow.
Yet if there's any accumulation the whole area shuts down. Well, at least they're not driving if they're "stuck" at home.

I'm in Hillsboro, it's 11:30pm, and still not a single flake has fallen yet.

View attachment 546672

I know a little about those Chicago folk. I worked with a handful of families that had been transferred to Denver one time. They chuckled at the complaints of Denver "rush hour". One family became good friends and he laughed at me out loud when I complained. He would say that "Denver doesn't have rush hour. Chicago has rush hour". lol Another Chicagoan was retired PD. Nothing like those on TV. We discussed Columbine a number of times and were disgusted that no officer went inside until, much later, someone finally gave the order. There would have been no way that either of us would have been stopped from going in immediately. Only had one Chicagoan ever give me static about snow as he seemed to think Chicago snow was generally wet and heavy like ours. The folk from the midwest used to laugh at Oregonians about driving in snow. However, from the mid 60s thru the mid 70s I pulled a bunch of those mid-westerners out of our Oregon snow. They were just not used to the wet/heavy snow that we had. In 1968 we had a couple of feet of that good ol' midwest snow here in the valley and I loved driving on it. I had not seen snow like that before. It was dry and packed and had decent traction compared to what we normally had.

Doesn't look like we're getting anything in the Salem area. Temps are only going to dip slightly below 33 for a few hours over the next few days, so we'll only have a few hours when ice is possible. Better head to the liquor store just in case! :D

CURRENT CONDITIONS ON HWY 101 JUST WEST OF MORSE CREEK (BAKER DIP)
Clallam County Hwy 101.jpg That was what I drove through yesterday around 1130...
This is what is outside this morning...
P1100885.JPG
P1100886.JPG

Took the wifey out to our local markets last night for an educational trip, as we did our shopping Thursday night.

She's never seen a supermarket after there's been a run on it, after the locust have been through. Never seen shelves that were bare. We took a walk around our local WinCo and Fred Meyer.

She was in awe of the fact that meats, produce, milk, bread, beer and snacks were pretty much wiped out at WinCo, and the lines wrapped around the store. I'd guesstimate it was nearly an hour to check out...

Fred Meyer wasn't as bad, some produce was missing, but there really wasn't bare shelves like WinCo. There were lines, but only slightly longer than usual...

I wanted her to see how people behave when there's a storm threat like the one that was hyped up over the past several days. This is people concerned about basic survival for a few days.

I told her, now there is no shortage of food, everyone knownthe shelves will be full again tomorrow. Imagine, the chaos that would result in: a) knowing this is the only food that'll be available for a longer period (think supply chain interruption) or b) economic collapse where there's just not enough money to buy food...

One reason why we keep a well stocked pantry that can sustain our family over a longer period. Only weak links for us are perishables like milk and eggs. Most other foods are stacked deep enough.

A teaching opportunity to see the reality of our society... can't imagine what a SHTF situation would really look like. Probably kinda like Venezuela...

Stay safe in this major snow we're getting...

The wife and I just got back from our weekly trip to Albertsons. We were able to get what we would during normal circumstances. The crowds were gone but the empty shelves were still there.

The wife and I just got back from our weekly trip to Albertsons. We were able to get what we would during normal circumstances. The crowds were gone but the empty shelves were still there.

We do 2-3 big shopping days per year to stock up & just need perishables every 2 weeks or so.... We hate shopping all the time when we can be doing enjoyable things instead.:D
If a storm warning come we just go take inventory & say " Yep we're good for a while".
Be prepared folks.;)

Lol hilarious.
I came over snoqumie pass yesterday afternoon .
Didn't have any problems .had to chain up .
Lol no problem till I got into The city .
Then it was a mess of idiots that should have stayed home and off the road.
Photo of Snoqumie pass mile post 60 by the lake MVIMG_20190208_165146.jpg

Took the wifey out to our local markets last night for an educational trip, as we did our shopping Thursday night.

She's never seen a supermarket after there's been a run on it, after the locust have been through. Never seen shelves that were bare. We took a walk around our local WinCo and Fred Meyer.

She was in awe of the fact that meats, produce, milk, bread, beer and snacks were pretty much wiped out at WinCo, and the lines wrapped around the store. I'd guesstimate it was nearly an hour to check out...

Fred Meyer wasn't as bad, some produce was missing, but there really wasn't bare shelves like WinCo. There were lines, but only slightly longer than usual...

I wanted her to see how people behave when there's a storm threat like the one that was hyped up over the past several days. This is people concerned about basic survival for a few days.

I told her, now there is no shortage of food, everyone knownthe shelves will be full again tomorrow. Imagine, the chaos that would result in: a) knowing this is the only food that'll be available for a longer period (think supply chain interruption) or b) economic collapse where there's just not enough money to buy food...

One reason why we keep a well stocked pantry that can sustain our family over a longer period. Only weak links for us are perishables like milk and eggs. Most other foods are stacked deep enough.

A teaching opportunity to see the reality of our society... can't imagine what a SHTF situation would really look like. Probably kinda like Venezuela...

Stay safe in this major snow we're getting...

Early in our marriage my wife informed that she never considered being out of anything because the supermarket was only a few blocks away. We always lived close to supermarkets. I've kidded her for years about being on a first name basis with everyone who works in a supermarket in the whole city. She is often out of the house and on the way to shop before I get around to anything. AND, I am a very early morning riser, very early. lol

We're leaving soon headed for Tacoma (from Oly area) to see Bob Seger.
last year he canceled due to health reasons (had to have neck surgery), rescheduled & here we are....
The Michelle Obama :s0170:speaking engagement at the Tacoma Dome last night was canceled so we're wondering if they will do the same for tonight.
We will not be happy if they cancel but understand if they do.

last year he canceled due to health reasons (had to have neck surgery), rescheduled & here we are....
The Michelle Obama :s0170:speaking engagement at the Tacoma Dome last night was canceled so we're wondering if they will do the same for tonight.
My sister and her friends are going down to the Bob Segar thing too

I remember back in 87 or 88 when I lived in Issaquah & was working at the new air bag factory in Moses Lake.
Heading home on a Friday afternoon after a long week of working in a foot of snow pulling telco cables, the pass was a sheet of ice. I had a 1 ton utility truck with chains and I was still sliding around.
I felt bad for the passengers of all these stupid drivers that passed us doing 30 or 40 MPH, we saw them again once they were nestled in a ditch as we passed them later at a crawl....
You can't fix stupid.

I remember back in 87 or 88 when I lived in Issaquah & was working at the new air bag factory in Moses Lake.
Heading home on a Friday afternoon after a long week of working in a foot of snow pulling telco cables, the pass was a sheet of ice. I had a 1 ton utility truck with chains and I was still sliding around.
I felt bad for the passengers of all these stupid drivers that passed us doing 30 or 40 MPH, we saw them again once they were nestled in a ditch as we passed them later at a crawl....
You can't fix stupid.
I ran chains all the way over and down to east gate almost into Belvue .
Lot of people took there chains off at the 47 mile post but they didn't make it far the snow and ice got a lot of them down past the hwy 18 exit.lol that last little hill got a lot of them

My wife and I saw him last Saturday in Portland. Had a great time!:s0022::s0091:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top