JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The New V Seven "GI Seven" Lower Receiver

v7-5.jpg

If you like V Seven and their assortment of high end AR-15 parts that come out of Grants Pass, you will most likely be excited about their new forged "GI-Seven" lower receiver. It is not Titanium, but it is pretty cool. The GI-Seven lower receiver is made of 7075 T6 aluminum.

v7-2.jpg

Weighing in at about 8 ounces with it's clean traditional looks, there are a few things that stick out on the GI seven forged lower that you won't find on your run of the mill "mil spec" type lower receiver. The first is a coating of KG Kote 2400. KG Gun Kote 2400 was developed for use by our U.S. Navy Seals. The thin hard coating is able to withstand over 500 hours of salt spray tests without any signs of corrosion, and is also very scratch resistant. I took a steel nail to the part of the lower receiver that the pistol grip covers, and tried to scratch it, but the nail would only skate on top of the coating without leaving a mark.

v7-3.jpg

The KG Gun Kote is a real bonus to the GI Seven lower receiver. I like what V Seven did to the area around the magazine release button and the front pivot pin detent spring area. They simply took the round humps and machined the top to be flat, giving it a billet look but keeping the forged strength. I also really like how the magazine well was done. The well has a nice internal flare that adds to the ease of a quick reload. The outside of the magazine well has been machined flat much like the magazine release button and pivot pin detent spring area.

v7-4.jpg

I think that the magazine well has a good snug grip on the magazine without too much slop. Much better than any of the other forged lowers I have had. V Seven did a really good job with their forged lower receiver. The GI Seven really exceeds the quality of any other mil spec forged receiver on the market.

v7-5.jpg

v7-1.jpg

Last Edited:
Whatever the suprise may be, let it have a coating of that Gun Kote! I am sold and amazed how scratch resistant it is. The Seekins receiver I originally got for build project scratched way too easy, setting it down on a table next to anything metal would cause a scratch down to the aluminum. I ended up with 3 noticable but light scratches just doing work on that dang receiver. This never happeded to the Mega or Noveske.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR