JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Review: V Seven Titanium Trigger/Hammer Pins

This is a review of V Seven Weapon Systems Titanium Trigger/Hammer pins in .154. A lot of people I know do not truly understand how important well constructed and machined trigger /hammer pins are. Good machining and construction always make for a better trigger pull, from a Mil Spec trigger all the way to a Geissele trigger. Using my Mitutoyo micrometer, I found that V Seven's pins are right on spec.

ti pins close up.JPG

V Seven has made three important improvements not found on any set of Mil Spec or well made after market trigger/hammer pins. First, they chose to construct their trigger/hammer pins from grade 5 Titanium. This makes a trigger/hammer pin as strong as steel, if not stronger, and less then half the weight of steel trigger/hammer pins. V Seven also went all the way to coat these pins with a slick and durable Ion Bond coating, making a surface that will always be smooth, slick and 100% corrosion resistant to the blow back gases that cover your internal parts with each and every shot you make. Lastly, at the end of each pin is a simple dimple. These dimples are great for installing or removing your pins. The dimples add insurance that the steel punch or tool that you are using will be less likely to slip and scratch or mar your lower receiver.

pins and mag button.JPG

I have yet to do any shooting with these V Seven Titanium pins, but with my polished and honed Mil Spec trigger installed, I am getting more smooth and consistent trigger pulls while testing and dry firing. I will need to get a trigger pull gauge to see if there is any measurable weight reduction off of my trigger pull. Overall, I find V Seven's Titanium Trigger/Hammer pins to be an easy and valuable upgrade.

ti pins on scale.JPG

steel pins photo.JPG

TI Pins
$ 17.00
CONSTRUCTED FROM GRADE 5 TITANIUM
SLICK, DURABLE ION BOND FINISH
100% CORROSION RESISTANT
AVAILABLE IN THREE SIZES: STANDARD .154 DIAMETER/ GEISSELE .155 DIAMETER/
EXTENDED FOR COLT 901 & MAG TACTICAL LOWERS(diameter .154)
MADE IN THE UNITED STATES
LIFETIME WARRANTY
SOLD IN SETS OF 2 PINS
SET WEIGHS 2.35 GRAMS
*ION BOND COATING CAN VARY IN SHADE (small raw spots) DUE TO RACKING OF ITEM
DURING IB PROCESS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR