JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Review: V Seven Ultra Light Magazine Catch/Release

This is an easy review for me. This is my second V Seven Ultra Light Mag Catch/Release. The first one I purchased was little over a year ago. The photos I am using are of that first one. I know a few people will question the the ruggedness of a lightweight Aluminum magazine catch. The Aluminum used in the construction of the magazine catch is 30% harder and stronger than the regular 7075 T6 used for upper and lower receivers. I use both Steel and Aluminum magazines for my rifle, and as seen in the photos, barely any wear can be seen. The corner of the engagement point on my old steel magazine catch/release show more wear than the V Seven magazine engagement point. The V Seven Aluminum alloy has a fine balance of hardness without being too brittle.

One year old mag catch.JPG

My favorite attribute of the V Seven Ultra Light Magazine Catch/Release is its clean flush look. You can see how the threaded rod does not come through to the top. V seven used a pin to lock the threaded rod into position, like one would pin a flash hider to a 14.5'" barrel. It really gives the lower receiver a clean look when installed. I do not know of any other AR manufacturers who have been so meticulous with their design of a magazine catch/release unit.

Mag catch close up.JPG

The weight of V Seven's Magazine Catch/Release comes in at 4.9 grams without the spring. My old steel magazine catch/release weighed in at 10.2 grams, making it over twice the weight of V Seven's Magazine Catch/Release. For $28.00 and a lifetime warranty, it's hard to go wrong with choosing V Seven for an ultra light AR build.

overall photo.JPG

UL mag catch on scale.JPG

steel mag catch scale.JPG

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR