1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

New to longview

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tornado1982, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Tornado1982

Tornado1982 Longview New Member

I recently moved to longview from vancouver and with the realization that I have a heard of elk that frequents my property I have once again been bitten by the bug. I grew up with guns have served in the armed forces for 12 years and have carried (side arm) in my civilian job for the past 9 so I am both proficient and safe. My grandad was a big game guide in alaska for 35 years so I have hunting in my blood. My dad wasn't much of a sportsman though so I grew up with only a taste of hunting etc. The fact of the matter is that my wife has taken out more big game with her car than I have with my rifel. This said I'm looking for hunting companions for the fall. I'm looking for weekend and possibly after work hunts. Also of anyone knows a decent smith in the area that would be great too. I'm also looking to shoot and fish throughout the year. I'm married with older children living in the house (8-15) so family or just the boys works great. I'm 30 so I prefer maturity in my hunting partners but am also young and fun enough to be enjoyable around the fire after the hunt.
  2. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Welcome, I sure can't hunt this year, that back surgery thing, put me on the sidelines.

I am just up I-5 in Chehalis, and work a weird rotating shift, so afternoon-evening hunts after work great.

I have used Jacob Lutz at FireMasters in Cinebar a few times, for little things, he did a good job.