JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a lot of difference these days between California and Bend. A few state laws are better for the time being in Oregon but Bend is as Californian as you can get these days. ..

Rest assured those 'few state laws' make all the difference. For example, yesterday I removed the 15->10 round mag blocks - the ones 'permanently afixed' to my standard capacity magazines. And, as a Sig fan, there are about 10 - count-em 10 - 9mm Sigs on the CA gun roster. No such nonsense here. And in my former CA county - I think zero, zilch CCWs were approved last year.

Rest assured those 'few state laws' make all the difference. For example, yesterday I removed the 15->10 round mag blocks - the ones 'permanently afixed' to my standard capacity magazines. And, as a Sig fan, there are about 10 - count-em 10 - 9mm Sigs on the CA gun roster. No such nonsense here. And in my former CA county - I think zero, zilch CCWs were approved last year.
Spoken like a Californian.........you have no idea the freedoms we enjoy in places like Idaho or Wyoming. Take your little crumbs and be happy, the liberal Oregon politicians are coming for you there too. Look up your new governor Brown and see what she wants to do to you.

Last Edited:
That is one of the problems we natives have with Californians moving in. They have so much money that they drive the cost of things over what we can pay.

That's too broad of a brush. Most Californians with money, stay. There's a myth that keeps Californians with money away. It's called rain. They hate the stuff. Gets their cars & hair wet.

Last Edited:
Welcome to the site and Oregon. While we are still on the west side of the state, we will be about 40 miles north of you in about 18 months. The west side is California north anymore, and whomever gives me the price for our property gets it, I could care less where they are from.

Welcome!

I, on the other hand, had the good fortune of escaping Bend in 1996. You may have it.
Escaping Bend, for Portland? In case you haven't figured it out, you got that backwards. Multnomah County is THE most Cali like place in Oregon, closely followed by Lane and Marion Counties.

Like others commented, welcome fellow firearms enthusiast; bragging about Cali or the price paid for a home are frowned on here, as are liberal democrats, with the exceptions noted above.
Be sure to register to vote, against Gov. Kate Brown, and for Knute (from Bend).

Last Edited:
Escaping Bend, for Portland? In case you haven't figured it out, you got that backwards. Multnomah County is THE most Cali like place in Oregon, closely followed by Lane and Marion Counties.

Like others commented, welcome fellow firearms enthusiast; bragging about Cali or the price paid for a home are frowned on here, as are liberal democrats, with the exceptions noted above.
Be sure to register to vote, against Gov. Kate Brown, and for Knute (from Bend).
No, I hadn't noticed.

Lol @ liberals being frowned on in Bend.

We drove through Bend last week (again) it has been a year or so since we were there last. It is even bigger and more Californian then a year ago......I am sure it is tough on the natives.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top