JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just arrived, literally this weekend, to Bend OR from CA having fled, in part, 'gunmaggedon' (the inability to know/care if what I owned was legal or not...) - but also to set myself up for retirement in a few years and to share a new life with my wife, having raised two superb kids in CA.

Been lurking a bit on this site since this past Spring when we decided on Bend. Expecting to be involved in gun law issues here in OR and am planning to join the COSSA soon so as to participate in IDPA/USPSA events.

Last Edited:
Welcome from the Couv. Congratulation on your exodus from California.:D
Too bad such a beautiful state has such screwed up politics and economics.
We need help here in WA and OR keeping the cancer from spreading to the north.
I hope you and your wife enjoy the Bend area. Are you ready for a real winter? :eek:
Also congratulations on your future retirement.:)

welcome to Bend, I escaped Southern California 40 years ago when I was a child. I have NEVER had a desire to go back and have only visited relatives there 2 times, The last being 20 years ago.

Welcome to Oregon and to NWFA :) We're happy to have another pro-gun person here. Our state is under intense attack by anti-gun folks, many from CA who have wormed their way into our government. We can use your vote and your involvement to try and turn them back, though it appears we're on a course to try and become CA north.

Ok Oregonians. I've said many times stop crying about taking outside money (California). Sell your homes for what they are really worth to Oregonians. Problem solved. But thats not realistic. Just be honest. California and North East mony is huge here but I know plenty of locals that where libs when I got here in 2000. We, myself included, need to take anyone willing to fight and vote. Pick viable candidates and turn back this tide of extreme liberal foolishness.

Not a lot of difference these days between California and Bend. A few state laws are better for the time being in Oregon but Bend is as Californian as you can get these days. I have delt with the Sheriff office there (some marine related contracts) they are (or were 5 years ago) pure commies and they liked me. Did you see the video of the camel on the loose in Sisters? He had better be careful........some Californian will shoot and tag him as an elk.

Last Edited:
Welcome to the Great Free State Of Jefferson! Bend Oregon was on our short list way back in '87 when we boogied out of Kommiefornika. Breathe deep the sweet clean air of freedom! What happened in CA stays in CA. Hope you like rain and snow.

First things first. 'Ya gotta buy some cans. Also called suppressors. Then consider that first full NFA machine gun. Hee hee hee.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. That means with proper licensing you can legal own and shoot off safely a oh-so-fast gun. Sounds OK to us. It will sound OK to you also. Do not forget the gorgeous natural wonders and climate. :)

Welcome!!

When I was discharged from the US Coast Guard in 1980, I moved from San Diego to La Grande. At the time it was very similar in climate and demographics to Bend. Then in 2004, my job moved to Bend. Escaped Bendifornia in 2006. Nothing nice to say about it except my best friend has lived there forever. I'll apologize in advance for my bad attitude!!

bb

Ok Oregonians. I've said many times stop crying about taking outside money (California). Sell your homes for what they are really worth to Oregonians. ...

The way I figure it, jokingly, all my new neighbors owe me lavish gifts... given how I increased the value of their homes (given the sq. ft. price I paid). ;)

The way I figure it, jokingly, all my new neighbors owe me lavish gifts... given how I increased the value of their homes (given the sq. ft. price I paid). ;)
That is one of the problems we natives have with Californians moving in. They have so much money that they drive the cost of things over what we can pay. I am fortunate and compete well with them but many good people can not.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews