JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not sure how to start. The gas port is no problem. But I have to mill the barrel for the extractor. I can install the barrel. Then mark it. Remove the barrel to mill it. Or Mill it using a formum tool while it is in the receiver. Has anyone install a new SKS barrel. I am not going there, on how I spoiled my old barrel. This is my SG works bullpup project.

Love working on my guns. Answer my own question. The answer is. Installed the barrel To the receiver. Mark the barrel where the extractor will hit it. Take out the barrel mill it and reinstall it. Next comes the bluing of the receiver and barrel.

I would have to Parkin the whole thing. The SG Works plastic. The receiver and barrel. Easier to blue the receiver and barrel. To make it match.

Hmm, never even thought about a new barrel. SG Works stock is headed to my house and was considering a cut on the existing barrel right before the lug. Re-crown, strip, re-finish...

Well cool I'll look forward to seeing another SKS Bullpup build.

Yes by putting on the new barrel. I was able to get all the junk off of it. Free-floating the barrel. Now the question is. How to put on iron sights. Or go to holographic sights. I did have a big scope on it. Worked well, but was a little slow. I'm using this for our hog hunting. Impractical shoots. Needs to be faster at acquiring targets. That's if it stays legal. This rifle looks so black and bad. Unlike my Saiga .308. All wood. Old-school hunting rifle. Go figure. As a gunsmith. I can see past the furniture.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews