JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a copy of a press release from a dealer I know. Some stats.

weight is 5.7 pounds
50 state legal
uses any AR upper
100% mad in the USA
Length: carbine 37" rifle 29"
1/9 twist
carbine barrel length16.25" rifle 18"
mil-spec hard anodized finish
accepts all AR mags

I also did a patent search and from the patent drawings it looks like the bolt carrier uses a tail like a FAL or an Remington 1100.

I think the point is that there are those that live in states where AR configurations are not legal. I also think the point is that some people either like or where taught to shoot with a traditional rifle stock. I also think that a rifle that comes in at 5.7 pounds is a hell of a lot lighter than most of the AR's out there. I believe the M-16 was supposed to come in at 6.5 pounds--look at how heavy they have become. The Ruger Mini-14 is still a good sell, I look at this as maybe what the mini-14 could have been. A great, accurate barrel, good gas system and cheap reliable mags. Not many mini-14 owners can say they have all that. And of course the last point it is another firearm design and that is a beautiful thing!

It will be interesting to see what they cost. They could start very expensive, since some states have such a limited variety of semi-auto rifles to choose from, they could get a premium for them from hungry buyers. I hope they have a reasonably priced version, because it seems like it could be a good utility rifle, like mjorin said, a modern take on the "ranch rifle" (i.e. Mini-14).

I really like that fact that it uses ar mags, and a similar set as the ar.
Any time i can buy a new firearm and use the same ammo, mags, accessories, etc it get me interested.
As much as firearm stuff is going for, and when the craziness hits i want to be able to consolidate what i have.

The other aspect is that, without the pistol grip, with a conventional rifle buttstock, this rifle looks a lot less like an AR. In some scenarios that is a possible advantage - slight, but possible - i.e., it looks less threatening.

Given that many anti-gun people object to "assault"-anything based on the appearance of a firearm, and many anti-gun laws are based on mostly cosmetic features, a semi-automatic rifle that meets the letter of the law while still allowing you to have the advantage of using an AR upper is IMO a good thing.

I am not a huge AR fan for self-defense rifles (I prefer the AK, FAL and other platforms), but I recognize that the AR is versatile in that you can swap out the upper to get a different chambering and/or barrel and/or forend profile - plus there is a lot of tech and know how out there for making an AR very accurate for a semi-auto. IMO this makes it a nice semi-auto hunting rifle.

I would like to go hog hunting in California after I retire, so this rifle would be something I would be interested in.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews