JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got my bench put up together today. I'm new to reloading. Been reloading .223,9mm,7.62x39. But I know it's nothing compare to these guys with thousands of dollars into there reloading equipment but I'm just starting out. Started about at the beginning of the year. But like my set up

90ED7A1D-E7B2-47E1-BDED-73E01925DB87.jpeg 72EAA887-E82E-43FF-88EA-F79B3DFEB6C1.jpeg

Got my bench put up together today. I'm new to reloading. Been reloading .223,9mm,7.62x39. But I know it's nothing compare to these guys with thousands of dollars into there reloading equipment but I'm just starting out. Started about at the beginning of the year. But like my set up

View attachment 730847 View attachment 730848

We all started somewhere and you have a great start.
I mounted my first press to the out feed table of my table saw...:D

Outstanding! My first "bench" was a chunk of 1" plywood my press was bolted too, I would C clamp to my dorm room desk at OSU. Worked but nowhere as fly as the one you have! + that RCBS will outlive most of us and keep cranking out ammo, great press.

Outstanding! My first "bench" was a chunk of 1" plywood my press was bolted too, I would C clamp to my dorm room desk at OSU. Worked but nowhere as fly as the one you have! + that RCBS will outlive most of us and keep cranking out ammo, great press.
Yea I put a fresh coat of paint on that press. It had better days to say the least. Traded a guy two boxes of 9mm when 9mm was cheap. But I also painted the outline of the rcbs on the one and rc on the other and the patent number. I think that came out nice. Probably the most thing I got pride on. But I had an older reloading desk but I made it out of extra pieces of wood I had from doing my sons crib. Anyway that one collapsed so I need a new one. Any thought of the finish I should do. I put watco danish oil but want more of a sheen look. Maybe wax I'm thinking

View attachment 730847 View attachment 730848
Very nice set up you've got there! More than adequate!

Yea I put a fresh coat of paint on that press. It had better days to say the least. Traded a guy two boxes of 9mm when 9mm was cheap. But I also painted the outline of the rcbs on the one and rc on the other and the patent number. I think that came out nice. Probably the most thing I got pride on. But I had an older reloading desk but I made it out of extra pieces of wood I had from doing my sons crib. Anyway that one collapsed so I need a new one. Any thought of the finish I should do. I put watco danish oil but want more of a sheen look. Maybe wax I'm thinking

As far as a top finish for a bench, I'd get a piece of Formica and glue it on. I guess I'm a little overboard on stuff though but it sure makes cleaning up a mess a lot easier. ;)

F33E55C2-2F4E-4164-8D3D-C3DE362A33A3.jpeg

E5AA66A4-9A70-422C-877E-00579218AB26.jpeg

Also, when your supplies and tool list grows and that bench needs replacing and you need ideas then check out this thread.:)

That's actually bigger and nicer than what I loaded on for many years. I'd probably still be using it but found a nice reloading bench from a guy who was making a new one for himself. Still not as big as yours but does the job.

I've been thinking of starting out with reloading. What equipment are you starting with?

Lots of good posts on the board to help answer this question. Like this one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top