JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought it was alright, little irritated that they made it the NorKs instead of the chinese (Box office reasons) and the little brother actor was terrible. But, the original Red Dawn wasn't exactly Shakespeare.

Hollywood simply cannot make decent, fun movies anymore. No creativity at all. So they resort to lame remakes and reboots; just sad. I haven't been to a theater in over a year and a half now. Was going to see Die Hard 5? since Bruce is pro-gun, but was warned that was an awful POS also.

They try to compensate for the lack of vision with spinning cameras, CGI and flashing lights, but that gets old really fast.

A buddy of mine demonstrated this to me by playing the original True Grit vs the new one. No comparison. The old movie was ART. The characters were defined, the landscapes and music were beautiful. The actors were MEN.

Kind of falls in line with the Idiocracy thing - that mankind as a species is de-evolving - and we are ...

had they not spent all that time and money having to remake the movie after it was done because the Chinese made them replace the bad guys with N. Koreans it might have been better. I thought it was terrible.

The movie is horrible, but at least it's one more reason to put a warhead in the forehead of Kim Dong None (or whatever he calls himself). The only reason they don't invade the south is that as soon as the troops saw what life could be like without a Suprthey would turn around and start firing the other direction.

A buddy of mine demonstrate this to me by playing the original True Grit vs the new one. No comparison. The old movie was ART. The characters were defined, the landscapes and music were beautiful. The actors were MEN.
{/QUOTE]

I bet your buddy never read the book True Grit. Warning I am about to piss off a bunch of John Wayne fan boys, but the new movie of True Grit was much closer to the original book than the John Wayne movie.

Much like the Wizard of Oz, in the book there were no ruby slippers (they were magic and were whitish silver), they totally left out the witch of the North in the movie, and the china doll village, the emerald city wasn't really made of emerald either.

A lot of things that people believe are perversions of the originals... It is twisted, but that is the hard truth of life.

But as for Hollywood being stupid and not able to create anymore... I don't think they ever really created much that was any good to begin with. I barely watch tv anymore.

As an example of a remake that was absolute propaganda, One of my favorite old TV series was The Wild Wild West. The movie featuring Will Smith as James West made me puke, and I never even saw the movie! :rolleyes:

I bet your buddy never read the book True Grit. Warning I am about to piss off a bunch of John Wayne fan boys, but the new movie of True Grit was much closer to the original book than the John Wayne movie.

Much like the Wizard of Oz, in the book there were no ruby slippers (they were magic and were whitish silver), they totally left out the witch of the North in the movie, and the china doll village, the emerald city wasn't really made of emerald either.

A lot of things that people believe are perversions of the originals... It is twisted, but that is the hard truth of life.

But as for Hollywood being stupid and not able to create anymore... I don't think they ever really created much that was any good to begin with. I barely watch tv anymore.

:s0155: I once read that the big money goes to marketable 'stars', special effects and the Hollywood-tax-avoiding black hole and it's the writers budget that gets cut. Good writing is the very thing I watch movies for. Yeah, they don't get much of my money either.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top