Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

new Red Dawn, wow..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by STANGBOYTOM, Mar 23, 2013.

1. STANGBOYTOM

STANGBOYTOM WA STATE Member

I love the original, but this thing is the worst remake I've ever seen.:huh:

2. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

I thought it was alright, little irritated that they made it the NorKs instead of the chinese (Box office reasons) and the little brother actor was terrible. But, the original Red Dawn wasn't exactly Shakespeare.

1 person likes this.
  3. MrCaprioni

MrCaprioni Bend,Oregon Active Member

Yeah the little brother was horrific. I could not stand him but the rest was okay

4. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

Wife and I watched it Friday night. We were both disappointed in the remake. Terrible ending....

5. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Did any of you actually watch it thinking it would be good, or was it more curiosity to see what they could do with a reboot?

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I never and I mean never watch "remakes".. virtually all of them are revisionist/leftist propaganda

7. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

I agree with that philosophy for different reasons. Most remakes are complete bowel evacuations. Not worth the time.

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Hollywood simply cannot make decent, fun movies anymore. No creativity at all. So they resort to lame remakes and reboots; just sad. I haven't been to a theater in over a year and a half now. Was going to see Die Hard 5? since Bruce is pro-gun, but was warned that was an awful POS also.

They try to compensate for the lack of vision with spinning cameras, CGI and flashing lights, but that gets old really fast.

A buddy of mine demonstrated this to me by playing the original True Grit vs the new one. No comparison. The old movie was ART. The characters were defined, the landscapes and music were beautiful. The actors were MEN.

Kind of falls in line with the Idiocracy thing - that mankind as a species is de-evolving - and we are ...

9. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

had they not spent all that time and money having to remake the movie after it was done because the Chinese made them replace the bad guys with N. Koreans it might have been better. I thought it was terrible.

10. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

The movie is horrible, but at least it's one more reason to put a warhead in the forehead of Kim Dong None (or whatever he calls himself). The only reason they don't invade the south is that as soon as the troops saw what life could be like without a Suprthey would turn around and start firing the other direction.

tac and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

svxr8dr and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

As an example of a remake that was absolute propaganda, One of my favorite old TV series was The Wild Wild West. The movie featuring Will Smith as James West made me puke, and I never even saw the movie! :rolleyes:

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

14. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

:thumbup: I once read that the big money goes to marketable 'stars', special effects and the Hollywood-tax-avoiding black hole and it's the writers budget that gets cut. Good writing is the very thing I watch movies for. Yeah, they don't get much of my money either.

15. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

fixt

16. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I'll watch it just because I love the original.

Can't wait for the remake of Bio-Dome however! :bluelaugh: