JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and I need a chrony to document the improvement
researching one now
suggestions?
I have the non-DLX model

I have the non-DLX model

thanks
with Christmas coming on it will probably be January before I can get one

Buy a HK 45 and your set. No mods are required to shoot 45 super
I have a hybrid comp on a G21, except for that the barrel is stock - so typical early gen Glock support for the web.

I am thinking I will eventually buy some SMC/Super ammo and try it in both my G21 and my 325TR. I may try it in one of my SIG 227s too.

I will probably need a stronger spring for the G21, which I think I want anyway; it doesn't always go completely into battery - I think because of the added friction of the hybrid comp.

The comp loses about 50 fps, but it sure makes a difference in muzzle flip and recoil (more the former than the latter).

With a 13 rd mag, or a 13 with a 2/3+ rd extension, a G21 with Super/SMC loaded hot with hardcast heavy for caliber projectiles, would be at least as good as the same thing in 10mm against a heavy boned dangerous mammal (bear) or reptile (alligator/croc).

I have a hybrid comp on a G21, except for that the barrel is stock - so typical early gen Glock support for the web.

I am thinking I will eventually buy some SMC/Super ammo and try it in both my G21 and my 325TR. I may try it in one of my SIG 227s too.

I will probably need a stronger spring for the G21, which I think I want anyway; it doesn't always go completely into battery - I think because of the added friction of the hybrid comp.

The comp loses about 50 fps, but it sure makes a difference in muzzle flip and recoil (more the former than the latter).

With a 13 rd mag, or a 13 with a 2/3+ rd extension, a G21 with Super/SMC loaded hot with hardcast heavy for caliber projectiles, would be at least as good as the same thing in 10mm against a heavy boned dangerous mammal (bear) or reptile (alligator/croc).
do you have a croc problem in Oregon?
I don't think they've gotten across the Columbia to up here yet

Without a comp, do you only need to replace the recoil spring with a stronger one to shoot super/SMC?

Without a comp, do you only need to replace the recoil spring with a stronger one to shoot super/SMC?
"To convert my G21SF to run .45 Super, I bought an aftermarket barrel (Alpha Wolf stainless-steel threaded barrel), a heavier recoil spring (24 pounds), and a tungsten guide rod, all from Lone Wolf Distributors (LWD). I originally went with a 23-pound recoil spring, but then found a heavier spring (24-pound) and went it with it instead. I can't tell the difference."

No, and I hope we never do and I never plan to go where there is such a problem. Just thinking about what dangerous things that would require more penetration if I shot it. I should have used hogs as a more relevant example.
I lived in West Boca in Florida for 4 years, had the buggers in my back yard
once after many Coors Light, I tried to catch a small Alligator on land - I didn't know they can get up on their back legs and run 35 mph

No, and I hope we never do and I never plan to go where there is such a problem. Just thinking about what dangerous things that would require more penetration if I shot it. I should have used hogs as a more relevant example.
I once saw a flying Alligator in San Francisco in 1974
was all excited until the bar tender told me it was just a dragon kite in a Asian parade
it was a loooong weekend

Only change I made to the G30s is a recoil spring (22lb, IIRC). I put ~200 rounds of mixed SMC/Super though that gun with zero issues.
I accept your experience with your G30, but have a safety question
I only have one Glock OEM barrel, the rest are aftermarket
My G22 Gen 4 barrel des not have a fully supported case head area, all the aftermarket barrels do
does your G30 barrel have a fully supported area for the case head?

Not yet. My son and I recently purchased two HK 45,s. He has been running super in glocks with various mods, which I was not interested in taking part of. His research told him HK guns would handle the super with no mods. That impressed me enough to buy one myself.

this has turned into an informative and research challenging thread
I had a Smith 1076 back in the '90s and did not like it
never heard of the 450SMC until today
the 45 super is more interesting to me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show