JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started pistol reloading in 1978. I few years ago I noticed I don't use any of the
'NEW' powders. :oops: Always looking for improvement I dove into some new to me
powders. Changed my light pistol load powder from Bullseye to Titegroup. Much
cleaner burning. I also like CFE pistol. New rifle powders I now use IMR8208XBR
meters very consistent. VVN140 most accurate powder for 223 heavy bullets.
W748 for 52/53 grain 223 bullets. Try something new it may be MORE better.
There is a fine line between a rut and a groove.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I started pistol reloading in 1978. I few years ago I noticed I don't use any of the
'NEW' powders. :oops: Always looking for improvement I dove into some new to me
powders. Changed my light pistol load powder from Bullseye to Titegroup. Much
cleaner burning. I also like CFE pistol. New rifle powders I now use IMR8208XBR
meters very consistent. VVN140 most accurate powder for 223 heavy bullets.
W748 for 52/53 grain 223 bullets. Try something new it may be MORE better.
There is a fine line between a rut and a groove.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What do use the 8208XBR for? I have a few pounds I bought for 6.5 grendel, but i got out of that cartridge.

I was looking at some new powder the other day and it said it gets rid of copper fouling.. I wonder what else it gets rid of? Rifling, throat, etc...

Been shooting a lot of Varget lately. 223 & 30-06. It meters pretty good (Although I don't know if I would use it on progressive with rifle cases. Ball powder there. Seeing how I am thinking about selling Dillon 550 because I don't use it, not sure how much that matters. But it may to some folks who do lotsa volume compared to me).

I dunno if it reduces copper fouling or lowers my cholesterol. But it makes reasonable velocity, gives good accuracy and is not terrible fussy with temperature.

I could honestly use Varget, 4350 (Might swap over to H4350 because of temp tolerance thing) and H4831 for vast majority of rifle work. Maybe a quicker powder for smaller cases & lighter bullets if that comes back into picture.

Not reloading much for shotguns anymore. Never did for steel waterfowl loads. And it's gotten to the point where I just buy a few boxes of whatever's on sale Dove & Rhino loads for the few days on trap and skeet range. Unless you are shooting/buying in bulk, l can't justify the effort and up front expense of buying enough components to make price work. Shot is silly expensive anymore.

What do use the 8208XBR for? I have a few pounds I bought for 6.5 grendel, but i got out of that cartridge.
I use IMR8208 XBR for 77 SMK in a 223 for my 300 yard rapid fire prone. Meters perfect
so I can use the powder thrower. And it is not temperature sensitive. I like Varget but it meters so poorly I end up weighing each powder charge.o_O

I use IMR8208 XBR for 77 SMK in a 223 for my 300 yard rapid fire prone. Meters perfect
so I can use the powder thrower. And it is not temperature sensitive. I like Varget but it meters so poorly I end up weighing each powder charge.o_O

That's why I wanted to try that powder ron. I finally found some 77 TMK's for a good deal and snagged them. Been hearing some good things about them and that powder... especially the easy to meter part. I don't mess around with weighing powder for each 223 round. If I can't drop it consistently from my uni-flo, the 223 isn't going to get loaded..... Hey, don't forget about the centerfire rifle shoot this saturday buddy...

That's why I wanted to try that powder ron. I finally found some 77 TMK's for a good deal and snagged them. Been hearing some good things about them and that powder... especially the easy to meter part. I don't mess around with weighing powder for each 223 round. If I can't drop it consistently from my uni-flo, the 223 isn't going to get loaded..... Hey, don't forget about the centerfire rifle shoot this saturday buddy...
I have not been able to get 77 TMK to shoot well.o_O I have talked to other
competitors that have had similar results with TMKs. Good luck tomorrow
Sorry won't make Saturday I will be shooting a IDPA match.

I have not been able to get 77 TMK to shoot well.o_O I have talked to other
competitors that have had similar results with TMKs. Good luck tomorrow
Sorry won't make Saturday I will be shooting a IDPA match.
Ok. Thanks for the info buddy. I know some guys using them in AK for competition and doing well. That TMK also passes the FBI penetration test of more than 12" in ballistic gel. I have my fingers crossed that they will perform well in my rifles.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top