JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
Here is a problem I seem to have with the 'new posts' functionality.

My pattern of usage is to come here and select 'new' to see posts since I last visited.

1) Sometimes I don't get thru all pages of 'new' posts very quickly - especially if it is many pages. Sometimes I leave the list of pages sitting in the browser for hours, like last night. I come back, finish reading what is in the pages, then 'mark read'. When I then ask for 'new' posts again, it seems that the 'mark read' has marked all forums as read at that point in time, not when I queried for 'new' posts previously - so between the time I asked for new posts and the time I mark the forums read, if there were any posts posted while I was reading, I then don't see those posts show up in the new list.

2) If I don't refresh new posts, but go back to the first page of results, there are now newer posts there since I first asked for new posts. This confirms #1 IMO. But in addition, the lasts posts to the threads are now not in date order - not sure what order they are in, but I see lasts posts to a thread that are earlier above posts to another thread that are later - so I have to go thru the whole set of pages again to see what I missed. Repeat and rinse.

Just about guaranteed that I going to miss somebody's posts this way, and this is not how new posts query worked before the update.:(

On a potentially similar tangent, when I am moving through a thread and hit the bottom of Page X and hit NEXT, instead of going to the top of Page X+1 I get sent to the BOTTOM of Page X+1.

NOt a huge detail, but not as functional as before.

I am running an iPad 2.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top