JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
Here is a problem I seem to have with the 'new posts' functionality.

My pattern of usage is to come here and select 'new' to see posts since I last visited.

1) Sometimes I don't get thru all pages of 'new' posts very quickly - especially if it is many pages. Sometimes I leave the list of pages sitting in the browser for hours, like last night. I come back, finish reading what is in the pages, then 'mark read'. When I then ask for 'new' posts again, it seems that the 'mark read' has marked all forums as read at that point in time, not when I queried for 'new' posts previously - so between the time I asked for new posts and the time I mark the forums read, if there were any posts posted while I was reading, I then don't see those posts show up in the new list.

2) If I don't refresh new posts, but go back to the first page of results, there are now newer posts there since I first asked for new posts. This confirms #1 IMO. But in addition, the lasts posts to the threads are now not in date order - not sure what order they are in, but I see lasts posts to a thread that are earlier above posts to another thread that are later - so I have to go thru the whole set of pages again to see what I missed. Repeat and rinse.

Just about guaranteed that I going to miss somebody's posts this way, and this is not how new posts query worked before the update.:(

On a potentially similar tangent, when I am moving through a thread and hit the bottom of Page X and hit NEXT, instead of going to the top of Page X+1 I get sent to the BOTTOM of Page X+1.

NOt a huge detail, but not as functional as before.

I am running an iPad 2.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads