JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

ONLY ONE CALIBER :

• 5.7x28 FN

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 7.62x25 TOKAREV

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • .960 ROWLAND

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • .38 SUPER

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 9x21

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 9x25 WINCHESTER

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • .356 TSW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .224 BOZ

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • .50 GI

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • .460 ROWLAND

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
Dean,
Here is a non matching brace of Horse Pistols...:D
.454 caliber and .54 caliber.... Both pack a wallop!
Andy
DSC06041.jpg

I hear that 38 Super is the most popular round in Mexico because they cant own any round the military uses...

Over the 40....
That was true a long time ago. Mexico long ago took guns away from the citizens though. Back when the people could own a gun they could not have a .45 so there was a TON of 1911's in .38Super. When the Gov. told the people no more guns there was a TON of these pistols for sale in places like the Shotgun news very cheap. Now days since they are in huge trouble if they have a gun in any caliber I doubt it matters much. As always happens in places like that only the criminals can go about armed now.

Well, the .38 Super has always been considered the auto version of the .357 Mag, because of its comparable power and caliber.

Elvis

Yep! In +P loads it can be quite impressive. Back long ago when there was a ton of nice 1911's for sale from Mexico I often wondered why it never caught on better. Back when I had a couple of them bought only because they were so cheap, ammo was HARD to find. This was when we could not order it by mail. Shops rarely carried any other than the ball load if that. I know for a while Detonics was offering it in one of their little 1911 style guns although I don't remember ever actually seeing one in a shop or a shooter with one.

Last Edited:
That was true a long time ago. Mexico long ago took guns away from the citizens though. Back when the people could own a gun they could not have a .45 so there was a TON of 1911's in .38Super. When the Gov. told the people no more guns there was a TON of these pistols for sale in places like the Shotgun news very cheap. Now days since they are in huge trouble if they have a gun in any caliber I doubt it matters much. As always happens in places like that only the criminals can go about armed now.
Its legal for Mexicans to own guns. They dont have the right to bear arms but do have the right to keep arms.

Its legal for Mexicans to own guns. They dont have the right to bear arms but do have the right to keep arms.

As was mentioned earlier in this there is "supposed" to be a way for a citizen there to legally own a gun. Been a LONG time since I was there, do have some friends who are citizens. They tell me that unless you have heavy political connections it's something on par with trying to get a CC permit in a place like NYC or such. So basically almost no private citizens legally own one any more. Can't even get caught with ammo. It was several decades ago they went to this form of control which was why there was such a glut of those .38 Super pistols for many years. Many of them were in almost pristine condition for around half what a new Colt 1911 went for those days. It was why I ended up with a couple playing with them. They were just so damn cheap. Had to load my own carry ammo. Since I was never into the caliber and the stuff was so hard to buy I soon lost interest and passed the guns on. My Father retired in the Philippines. They had the same kind of gun laws. Supposedly a citizen could buy a shotgun legally. He tried for while to get one in Wife's name and gave up. Now the criminals of course all had guns. :)

This poll made me look up the .960 Rowland thinking a typo had been made. Just some marketing wank going on.

When I read about the .960 Rowland my only question was "but why?"

Kind of like this entire poll. At least it gave me some place to post in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top