JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny. It's built on a Nissan Navara? Just looked it up. SO that's what they're calling the Frontier in Europe? So you're telling me the base price is $22,000 more than the base Nissan Frontier price ($18,000), and then tack on another 40-50k for the Mercedes Name on it....... Anyone reminded of the "Chrysler Crossfire" Mercedes Benz?

Yeah, MB has lost their collective minds in their attempt to expand their market share across "new-ish" platforms outside of Europe. I remember when they launched the R-Class.... it looked like a sad elephant from the front... it didn't last long in this country... LOL.

IMHO, they should just stick to what they've always done best... produce kick-arse luxury small, mid, and large sized sedans. ;)

Yeah, and proven military vehicles such as the G Class and the Unimogs. Honestly, the idea of the G class pickup like shown above, would be a very nice competitor the GM's H1 series...and then there's the Unimog line... lots of various sizes though but man those things are beastly off-road.
Fun little fact, some G-Wagens are used by our own USMC as "Interim Fast Attack Vehicles" to replace the old M151 FAVs :rolleyes:

1005dp_09%2Bdiesel_power%2Bmay_2010_military_power%2Bifav.jpg

usmc_mbz_ifav_04_700.jpg

ifav.jpg

67 Ford, ( mine) Bullet proof 352, 3/4 ton. Id take my truck over that plastic, electronics monster LOL
It does have a nice look but Id take this truck anywhere 25 years later and runs like I stole it. truck1.jpg

The youngsters are in love with their Toyotas and Nissans. Mercedes just wants their piece of this yuppy pie. I sure don't want any of them, but it sure doesn't make Mercedes wrong for trying to capture a share of this very lucrative millennial market for imported grocery-getters.

Last Edited:
Lol a few years ago I had a Hyundai accent.
POS. I paid 500 bucks for it lol my friend at work had a mustang Shelby only a few made it was white with the blue racing strips .not one of the classic ones.But still a 80 thousand bucks or whatever they cost.like 480 HP.
I told him I will race you in my Hyundai just let me have three car length head start.
Hehehe well that race never happened.hehehe

Why because I told him when he gets to pass me .
I'm going to run into him and push him in the ditch .
Mmm m i guess your car ain't that fast is it don't want to race a Hyundai.

The youngsters are in love with their Toyotas and Nissans. Mercedes just wants their piece of this yuppy pie. I sure don't want any of them, but it sure doesn't make Mercedes wrong for trying to capture a share of this very lucrative millennial market for imported grocery-getters.
No kidding. If a domestic automaker would just build a compact pickup or something in the size class of the old S10/Bronco 2/Jeep Cherokee pickups..... I think the Colorado is bigger than the old s10 :confused: or it just looks bigger. Actually, Ford should do this with the Transit Connect ... or Dodge Ram could.. they could bring back the Dodge Rampage brand :D this is the Fiat Doblo Cargo Maxi 6.1 pickup. This is similar to one of my ideas for what to do to a Kia Sportage :rolleyes: give it a 5x6 or close to that size flat bed and drop sides and I'll just set up a tent on the back instead of a camper thing. :rolleyes:

fiat__doblo_cargo_maxi_6_1_pick_up_work_2011_1_lgw.jpg new-fiat-doblo-work-up-unveiled-medium_2.jpg

The funny thing is I looked at the photo first thing and thought it looked a LOT like a Nissan or Toyota knock-off.... funny that Germans are ripping off the Japanese!!

Why yes, yes I do.... it is a fine luxury sedan and it's like driving on smooth glass rails down the highway (and it's paid for... LOL)
View attachment 511668
Mercedes with infantry emblem, can't say I've seen that combination too often! Those larger Mercedes are smooth riding cars though. How many million miles do you expect to get out of the diesel engine?

Tarawa, you made my jaw drop with that Jeep pickup. That is the type of classic Jeep I will find once I no longer transport a family of four on a daily basis. Maybe I could get a Wagoneer for the time being....

It actually had the holes in the bed .They had a fifth wheel in it probably not a very big one .
I bought it from my neighbor she he got it from the other neighbor.who got it from who knows where.
But like I said 1200 bucks and I have had it for three years
I meant the 50K hipster huntin truck:D

According to what I could find regarding importing old vehicles into US.... if it's 25 years old, its good to go without as much hassle. A company in Colorado, imports and build/customize the Mercedes Benz G-class vehicles from foreign military surplus. Seems for a freshened up, running, no-frills, basic 4x4 2 door short wheelbase soft top military G-wagen "jeep"s, its $15,000..... and for upgrades and civilian interiors with more comfortable stuff, all the way to real custom stuff, its about $38,000 to I think I saw mention of either 60, or 80 grand for that one camper built on a long wheelbase ambulance in the captions :eek:
Me? I think that if I had to have a jeep type, I would sooner get a M38 or Willys CJ-3 before a G-wagen even if the G-wagen pretty much meets all of my wants (other than a soft top) :rolleyes:

A wise man once said:

Yep come on man really you make 85 thousand dollars a year and you get a 65thousand dollar truck and your wife that makes 30 grand a year drives a 60 thousand dollar car and you have a house payment and two kids. and a pocket full of credit cards.
lol enjoy your life KEEPING UP WITH THE JONES

The country would be better off if more folks thought this way. ^^^ BTW, when I went truck shopping couple years back, I s*it when I saw the prices of used trucks. So I bought new, paid cash, $11,750 off MSRP. I see used ones 2 years old that are identical (except I have brush scratches down the side) selling for more money. Plus I'll be keeping it for years. That's the other way to play it. Your's is generally the better way unless you have too much cash in your pocket and less brains .....like me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top