JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this site as I tend to be on Corvair related forums. However, I do own a 1949 Marlin 336 Waffle Top. It has been in the family a long time passed from my father to a brother and then to me. It is in really good condition although it appears my father refinished the stocks. The shoulder stock looks to have some repairs although minor and done really well. He was a true carpenter by trade and knew how to work wood. There is some fading of the bluing on the base of the barrel and on the receiver. The waffle is intact. I will try to upload some pictures once I figure out the process.

I would like to know more about this gun like rating its condition and approximate value. The ultimate goal is to sell it as I know that I will never use it and instead find someone that will enjoy it either in a collection or for hunting.

Thanks in advance,
Rory

I'm willing to try.

1666911926715.png

Yup, I looked it up.

Aloha, Mark

$700 sold to an individual , over on this coast, when people are willing to buy.
RC ( regular carbine) gets about the same or less. SC ( sporting carbine) gets a little more.
As usual, condition is everything. Re-blued is typically a deal killer. Drilled for scope will drop value a bit , but usually just makes collectors pass on it.
Stock repairs aren't as big a deal as problems with the metal. The wrist cracked on these pretty regularly.

That's all pnw/nor cal information. What goes on over there I have no idea.

Last Edited:
Love the Carolinas, but I don't miss the humidity.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Thanks for all of the replies and information. The stock repair point makes sense. The repairs are literally at the wrist area. @Knobgoblin, as for re-blued, and correct me if I am wrong, but you are referring to if I do the job myself? Or is that a general statement? Personally, I won't do anything to the rifle outside of keeping it clean and oiled.

What a neat rifle and a great collector piece. Never heard of it before. But then I'm pretty new to guns. I'm older, but new to guns.

As far as pictures go. Any thing you can copy/past you can copy and past into a post.

Thanks for all of the replies and information. The stock repair point makes sense. The repairs are literally at the wrist area. @Knobgoblin, as for re-blued, and correct me if I am wrong, but you are referring to if I do the job myself? Or is that a general statement? Personally, I won't do anything to the rifle outside of keeping it clean and oiled.
Typically it's this: someone in the past went to town with " cold blue" , in an effort to spruce up the rifle. So it could have been done decades ago and picked up just as much wear since it was done. A few pics , especially around the barrel band or other small parts and opinions can be made.

Especially with this bunch

Got it. I am sure no one in my family has done a cold or hot blue on it. I'll get some pictures uploaded. I am on my work computer and I am positive the man won't like me posting pictures of firearms.

That's got to be pretty rare bird? Not many guns have been chambered in .30 Carbine. Hardly any as far as I know. Some model Ruger revolver that I saw at the spring ARPC show. ($$$) And the M1.30 Carbine is all I know of.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews