JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Jim, if you live out the Elma way then I'm not going to take that bet. It'd be a sucker's bet on my part because you probably do know a few places I shoot at. Heck, we've probably chatted a time or two. Most of the time I go up during the weekdays to avoid the crunch. I run both sides of Cap Forest. Primarily between the C and the D lines... all areas between. Even been known to do a bit of panning in some quiet areas out that way too.

Yep, more than a few years ago I spent a lot of time in the C.F. Since they started charging a fee to partake in the woods I shoot at ranges (Evergreen Gun Range) recently renamed.

Yep, more than a few years ago I spent a lot of time in the C.F. Since they started charging a fee to partake in the woods I shoot at ranges (Evergreen Gun Range) recently renamed.

Jim, I know. That "Discover Pass" twisted me up a bit too. Heck, that's what I thought we paid taxes for. Either way I found when I buy my fishing license that it comes with the pass these days. Or so I was told. They threw one in last year.

Jim, I know. That "Discover Pass" twisted me up a bit too. Heck, that's what I thought we paid taxes for. Either way I found when I buy my fishing license that it comes with the pass these days. Or so I was told. They threw one in last year.

We get a vehicle access pass with our fishing license for boat ramps, not a Discovery pass for woods access. We pay taxes to the British oppressors and they are not for our benefits.....:eek:

Well, I stand corrected by you AND my son. It's the other way around. I went in to buy a Discovery Pass and while there I bought my fishing license too. They threw in the Vehicle Access Pass. I asked them why the Discovery Pass wouldn't work and they said it would but if I had another vehicle I could use the Vehicle Access Pass for that other vehicle at the launches, trailheads, etc. on WDFW lands (only). Either way, you're right... these aren't "benefits".

The pawnshop on the main drag, (Capitol Way) just before the Shell Station if you're heading south? If so I probably do. I'd need to know a last name for sure. We're talking 4 decades ago. I cut my teeth in LE as a paid Lacey Reserve back in 1975 when Jim Land and Larry Dickerson were running the show. Then a quick gig with TCSO, then to Grays Harbor County. In '85 I moved over to state Law Enforcement/Investigation work. Retired in 2015. Drop me an email or message so I can be sure. If it's who I think it is then I'll share a story with you. Your Dad would love it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top