JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a new guy here from the Tumwater, Olympia, Lacey area of Washington State. A shooter and reloader of .22, .380, 9mm, .40 and .45 handguns and a shooter and reloader of an ancient J.C. Higgins .22 semi auto tube fed and a .243. Past 63 yrs. old and pushing 64 yrs. old. Pacific Northwest since 1956 with a couple of "stints" elsewhere for a year or two. Raised an Army brat, became an Army veteran and a lengthy career in Law Enforcement solving puzzles. Now retired and... well, retired.

Welcome! You were a detective? My dad works with a lot of them Down here in Portland.
Thanks JS. Yeah, worked primarily as a detective, S/A, Investigator since 1981. Did the patrol officer/deputy thing from 75-81. Your Dad has his hands full down that way. Tell him "Thank You" for his service for me and to stay safe. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Welcome to the forum. Where do you do your pistol shooting at?
Hi Chief! Graham!! Nice. That's great country out your way. I shoot in the "bubba" ranges between Olympia and Elma. I usually go to a little secluded pit where there's few and far between people (if any) off of one of the many back roads on State DNR property. I can take my time to adjust my loads, try out new hand loads if I bring along the hand loader for the .45 and just relax without worrying about the people in the next lane. I also prefer to leave the pit as good or better than I find it and police and keep my own brass... and any other that might be laying around.

Thanks JS. Yeah, worked primarily as a detective, S/A, Investigator since 1981. Did the patrol officer/deputy thing from 75-81. Your Dad has his hands full down that way. Tell him "Thank You" for his service for me and to stay safe. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I sure will and thank you for yours also. He certainly does. He was happy as hell when He was promoted to CDDA because that meant no more going to crashes at 1 in the morning.

Hi Chief! Graham!! Nice. That's great country out your way. I shoot in the "bubba" ranges between Olympia and Elma. I usually go to a little secluded pit where there's few and far between people (if any) off of one of the many back roads on State DNR property. I can take my time to adjust my loads, try out new hand loads if I bring along the hand loader for the .45 and just relax without worrying about the people in the next lane. I also prefer to leave the pit as good or better than I find it and police and keep my own brass... and any other that might be laying around.

Welcome to NWFA. I'll bet I know a few places where you shoot that are out my way (Elma)..;)

Welcome to the site. You do your patrol work in lacey/oly area? If so, you probably knew my dad. (And the guy that owns the pawnshop in TumH2O).
The pawnshop on the main drag, (Capitol Way) just before the Shell Station if you're heading south? If so I probably do. I'd need to know a last name for sure. We're talking 4 decades ago. I cut my teeth in LE as a paid Lacey Reserve back in 1975 when Jim Land and Larry Dickerson were running the show. Then a quick gig with TCSO, then to Grays Harbor County. In '85 I moved over to state Law Enforcement/Investigation work. Retired in 2015. Drop me an email or message so I can be sure. If it's who I think it is then I'll share a story with you. Your Dad would love it.

Welcome to NWFA. I'll bet I know a few places where you shoot that are out my way (Elma)..;)
Hey Jim, if you live out the Elma way then I'm not going to take that bet. It'd be a sucker's bet on my part because you probably do know a few places I shoot at. Heck, we've probably chatted a time or two. Most of the time I go up during the weekdays to avoid the crunch. I run both sides of Cap Forest. Primarily between the C and the D lines... all areas between. Even been known to do a bit of panning in some quiet areas out that way too.

Welcome !
Thanks for your service !
Always nice to have a professional come aboard !

Thank you DirectDrive. Some would question that "professional" label these days though. LOL. I was raised old school on the job. Not all learned in the rookie days was what folks consider "professional" these days. But the bottom line, we got the job done and went home afterwards. Sometimes a bit worse for the wear and a side trip or two to get mended but still made it home.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top