JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's about time.

PMAG® MAGAZINES - PMAG® 30 AK MOE®, 7.62x39 Magazine

223_1241_large.jpg

..So magpul is finally getting in on the AK action, now of all times?
I bet you anything this will create another huge surge of AK pupularity like we've seen over the last 6 years.
More products, magazines, parts, loads..etc now than there was 15 years ago.

I guess I'll give them a try.. however.. US palm has them beat when it comes to steel locking lugs. US palm lost me when it came to the solid body.. I'd prefer to clean my mags inside and out if i so choose.. I don't like the idea of not having a floor plate I can remove.. but then again, I bet it adds strength to the magazine body. when it comes to drop tests.. of which I've never really tried.
Shoot while they're at it, give us GALIL MAGS..with steel locking lugs..unlike some current plazz-tech mags *Cough*TAPCO*cough cough.

The Tapco AK mags are actually underrated. I've thrown them fully loaded, dropped on the feed lips, run over them. Not a problem. They're stout as hell. The newer smooth-side ones even look like a modern Russian/Polish 7.62x39 mag.

The Tapco Galil mag passed all the same tests, but the rear latch tab is too small. It snaps off easily under stress. If Tapco just took their 5.45x39 mag, used their smooth-side mold to make it look like an ordinary AK mag, and adjusted the curvature for 5.56, I would buy a ton of them.

Poland makes some of the best-made AKs in the world. If Poland can make a polymer AK mag that meets their military requirements without having reinforcements, I think a US company can probably do the same.

The Tapco AK mags are actually underrated. I've thrown them fully loaded, dropped on the feed lips, run over them. Not a problem. They're stout as hell. The newer smooth-side ones even look like a modern Russian/Polish 7.62x39 mag.

The Tapco Galil mag passed all the same tests, but the rear latch tab is too small. It snaps off easily under stress. If Tapco just took their 5.45x39 mag, used their smooth-side mold to make it look like an ordinary AK mag, and adjusted the curvature for 5.56, I would buy a ton of them.

Oddly enough tapco knows how to make AK mags but hasn't a clue on how to make a decent AR mag. I think it has to do with the simplicity of the gun. AK's are simple, AR's are over engineered. Field stripping 16/AR in a panic while getting shot at because you can only get your gun to cycle once, then throw in how easy it is to lose your firing pin retaining pin, cam pin, extractor pin or extractor in the sand, dirt, jungle. The bolt assembly & carrier group as it is now, is not practical for combat operations & has cost many American troops their lives.

I would buy one of those if they can measure up to snuff on the lugs.

I'll definitely be giving them a try.

^^^They make ok AKs, not as good as Russian or Bulgarian or Chinese or Hungarian or ... come to think of it I've seen some pretty rough Tantals. Regardless, polymer AK mags without steel locking lugs have proven to fail time and time again. Maybe they have it figured out, I don't know. In the meantime I'll stick with Circle 10s or Steel East ComBloc or Chicom AK mags, I know they
work.

If your referring to the Century Tantals, yes they're pretty ugly. I've never had any issues with my Tantal, had it built professionally from a matching parts kit.

I agree, nothing beats Combloc steel mags

Polish military is now using non-reinforced composite mags.
I think that's just the junk they try selling commercially.
There is no way a military would down grade... well then again..

I was harsh on tapco, I practice with them.. but thats about it. They're made to be cheap affordable training magazines and that's about it. They'll stand up to some abuse, but in the end the steels, polish and circle 10s and US palms win in the end.
I'd played with the foreign plastic mags (Non Reinforced).
Junk, they work, and I'm sure to some extent they last (Not for me though) but save your cash and just purchase some tapcos unless you're getting a screaming deal or unless you're a collector.

I think that's just the junk they try selling commercially.
There is no way a military would down grade... well then again..

I was harsh on tapco, I practice with them.. but thats about it. They're made to be cheap affordable training magazines and that's about it. They'll stand up to some abuse, but in the end the steels, polish and circle 10s and US palms win in the end.
I'd played with the foreign plastic mags (Non Reinforced).
Junk, they work, and I'm sure to some extent they last (Not for me though) but save your cash and just purchase some tapcos unless you're getting a screaming deal or unless you're a collector.

I thought that at first, but they are apparently issuing the same mags that you're seeing coming in from Radom right now. I'll try and find some images of them in use by Polish forces tomorrow. I've seen several.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top