Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New duracoat aerosol

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Danik, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Danik

Danik Vancouver New Member

Has anyone tried it and how do you like it?
    Also does anyone carry it locally here in Vancouver/Portland.
    Thanks

2. cavemand

cavemand portland Member

I did on my shotgun and love it. Stores don't really carry it but I think the kit is around $30 shipped to your door and can paint a couple long guns. People always complimented me on the shotgun. Just take your time and it turns out super smooth and beautiful. I highly recommend it for the do it yourself people.

3. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Duracoat works great, but I do not recommend the aerosol stuff as its really just glorified spray paint that you'd buy at Home Depot. Depending on what you want done, how long you want it to last, use, etc. its pretty difficult to get a top quality job with stuff that comes out of a rattle can.

4. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

simon99... The Duracoat rattle can is a very special product, it has the hardener and the regular product, in one can, and as you spray, they are mixed and you get the whole product, IOW, it is like having Two spray products in one container...

I have not used it, as I have an air brush, so for me, it is not needed, they also sell a DIY airbrush, powered with a canned pressure... But that is expensive, compared to a normal air brush....

philip

5. waldow777

waldow777 Hillsboro Active Member

6. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks phillip.....I agree with what your saying. I just have my reservations about it. BTW, I'm a factory certified Duracoat applicator FWIW.

Cheers, buddy!