Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lauer DuraCoat EasyWay Camo Firearm Finishing Kit

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Liberty97045, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

2. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've tried the Dura Coat rattle can stuff on a metal pistol and it worked pretty good. I'm not sure how good the stuff will stick to plastic, ya might want to rough it up some first. I f you want the whole thing to blend together ya might leave it assembled. The nice thing about doing it with Rustoleum or the likes is it will come off a heck of a lot easier if you don't like it. Give it a go . I'd like to see how it turns out.

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

IMHO- If you're just "bored" with that rifle being black, don't paint it with something that's going to damage the existing finish if/when you try to remove it... seriously.

4. Liberty97045

I have had this one for a long time. It has some damage to the finish and is far from pristine. As evidenced by the slide fire stock and the super dynamic 3-gun trigger, this is a play thing. So as far as being bored with it being black, yea. It's not like I'm ruining an heirloom.

The how-to video shows that first you spray it with a degreaser, then rough it with Scotch Brite. This does stick to plastic and is most definitely permanent.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  5. Liberty97045

These are my choices.

Woodland%20Camo%20Prestige_zps8umocx5z.jpg
    Urban%20Mirage%20Flage_zpsgxsgzbqd.jpg
    Diamond%20Stealth_zpszs5o5wch.jpg
    Vietnam%20tiger%20strip_zps8wpz3i4y.jpg

British%20DPM_zpswvxwswkj.jpg

Tattoos_zpswi6p1uem.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  6. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I used acetone for the degreaser and it worked fine. Use light coats so you dont get runs. If it runs you have to let the stuff dry and sand it down flat again.

7. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Any update on this project? I'm thinking of trying Duracoat on a gun or two and I'm just looking around for threads discussing it when I found this one. Did you ever purchase the kit? Which one? Have you painted the rifle yet?

8. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

All were done with Duracoat 8 years ago. The finish is still holding up. This pattern is called "Digital Desert Mirage Flage"

IMG_6926.jpg

edslhead likes this.