JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to let firearms enthusiasts know that we are in the process of planning a local gun club and range in the Santiam Canyon area, in Oregon, East of Salem about 35-40 miles.

The proposed name is "Santiam Gun Club" (or "Santiam Sports Club")
and our first board meeting is next week. We've had one public meeting so far and many, many, many interested locals.

When I first asked if anyone was interested, more than 500 local residents responded affirmatively and enthusiastically on Facebook in less than three days!

We're currently working on finding an appropriate property (we have several in mind) and working on range designs.

The goal is to have at least the following ranges: 500-/1000+ -yard rifle range, 100-/200-yard rifle range, 50-yard pistol/rifle range, skeet range, trap range, and archery range.

The community is new at this, but we have a lot of smart people and a lot of talent to bring this together. I'll try to keep everyone posted as things progress...

I would would be happy to volunteer to help in any way needed if/when things get moving along. Keep us posted with updates!

I would would be happy to volunteer to help in any way needed if/when things get moving along. Keep us posted with updates!
Absolutely! We will certainly need volunteers and interested parties.

This started as a stray thought between a buddy and myself that it would be great to have a local range, because it's hard to find a good, safe spot close by in our state and national forest areas up in the Santiam Canyon.

We thought perhaps--if we worked really hard and talked to a lot of locals--we might be able to get...oh, perhaps 40-100 interested people...

I posted the idea and had an overwhelming flood of interest, so I started a Facebook group to collect ideas and find those who would be interested in such a local gun club, and what ideas they had for one.

We now have 576 members, most of whom joined in the first three days...and I only put the word out on three or four local Facebook pages. I estimate that we can conservatively expect to have at least 1000-2000 LOCAL members, not to mention many others from outside our local area.

So the project expanded way beyond what I expected.

At this point we are going to try and build a shooter's paradise, a "Disneyland for gun enthusiasts". We're forming committees and planning designs which will take place in stages, with a bunch of ranges to fit a wide selection of firearm (and archery) interests.

To make this even more fun, our first meeting was at a brewery... :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top