JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So with all the sales I think it's time to pull the trigger lol and actually upgrade my stock dpms trigger to something a bit better. Not sure what I want to go with. Drop in or not doesn't matter. Price. Doesn't matter but obviously want something good that isn't gonna break the bank. Geisselle is running a sale today on triggers but if something is better than I'd go for that. Not sure what I want as far as single to 2 stage. So I'm open to options. I want clean and precision. Mainly target shooting is all I do. All I've had is the stock DPMS so it would be nice if I could actually compare between single and 2 stage but I can't. Whatever I go with will probably end up in the DPMS ar15 5.56 eventually as I'm not a fan of these stock trigger setups even with JP springs on both rifles. Upgrading the LR-308 first as it's my weapon of choice.

Recommendations?

Thanks
James

Geisselles sale isn't live just yet. Just says sometime today lol.

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards the Geisselle ssa or g2s. With that said please keep the advice coming. I really appreciate it.

Happy turkey day to all.

Thanks
James

So with all the sales I think it's time to pull the trigger lol and actually upgrade my stock dpms trigger to something a bit better. Not sure what I want to go with. Drop in or not doesn't matter. Price. Doesn't matter but obviously want something good that isn't gonna break the bank. Geisselle is running a sale today on triggers but if something is better than I'd go for that. Not sure what I want as far as single to 2 stage. So I'm open to options. I want clean and precision. Mainly target shooting is all I do. All I've had is the stock DPMS so it would be nice if I could actually compare between single and 2 stage but I can't. Whatever I go with will probably end up in the DPMS ar15 5.56 eventually as I'm not a fan of these stock trigger setups even with JP springs on both rifles. Upgrading the LR-308 first as it's my weapon of choice.

Recommendations?

Thanks
James
One stage or two stage?

Thats what I'm not sure of at this point. I'm open to each. I'm leaning more towards 2 stage as that's what I like about my handgun. Being able to take up the slack while aiming with a nice easy break at the end.

Thanks
James

Thats what I'm not sure of at this point. I'm open to each. I'm leaning more towards 2 stage as that's what I like about my handgun. Being able to take up the slack while aiming with a nice easy break at the end.

Thanks
James
Hunting or target - 2 stage is better 3.5-4.0 lbs
Ar-15/10 semi-auto doesn't really need that, but a good 4.5 trigger is good enuf for quick fire

Rise Armament / Elftman / CMC / Timney - the list goes on and on.
I have both Rise, CMC, whatever comes as EPT on Aero and LMT, and then a bunch of run-of-the-mill FCG, including DPMS.
The variation between packaged drop-in triggers and enhanced triggers is immense. The variation between enhanced triggers and standard ones is noticeable, but not much. Don't know if I've ever shot a Geissle.
Rise and CMCs were on sale at Primary Arms earlier this week.
Just my opinion, unless the LR-308 is a DMR version, your best bang for the buck is a drop-in trigger.

Is the LaRue website the only place you can get the LaRue trigger? I can't seem to find them anywhere else. Unless Geisselle prices are rather reasonable once it goes live I will probably end up getting the LaRue MBT-2S.

Thanks everyone

James

stock trigger with a polish and JP springs, ALG or a Larue MBT 1s or 2s.

i tried both a cmc and a rise armament ra434 that i took out of my AR15 rifles and tried them in my lr308. they work but the problem i was having is every once in a while the hammer would follow the bolt on both triggers. it wasnt the triggers fault. its ME. due to the recoil i would inadvertantly let off and pull the trigger again because when i shoot rifles i hold the trigger through the shot and then wait to reset until im ready to shoot again. if i immediately released the trigger after the shot it would never happen.

the reset on both of these drop ins is so short it would just happen when trying to hold thru the shot.

i ended up re installing both drop ins back into the 5.56 and 6.5 grendel and never had a problem with either since.

i did a nice polish and JPs on my lr308s stock trigger. YMMV just sharing my experience with nice drop in triggers in a 308 caliber rifle.

it happened even with my muzzle brake and suppressor on

i dont own one but have shot with both a single and 2 stage version of it. theyre great triggers. i prefer single stage but i definately can see the benefit to a 2 stage trigger
I've been irritated with my regular triggers, so picked up a LaRue also. :)

i tried both a cmc and a rise armament ra434 that i took out of my AR15 rifles and tried them in my lr308. they work but the problem i was having is every once in a while the hammer would follow the bolt on both triggers. it wasnt the triggers fault. its ME. due to the recoil i would inadvertantly let off and pull the trigger again because when i shoot rifles i hold the trigger through the shot and then wait to reset until im ready to shoot again. if i immediately released the trigger after the shot it would never happen.

the reset on both of these drop ins is so short it would just happen when trying to hold thru the shot.

Good Info - I had that happen on my Aero 308 and thought it was the adjustable gas block. Will replace the Rise trigger with one of the new ones coming.

Well I ended up just upgrading my scope for now for the 308 as Amazon had a great deal on a Vortex crossfire 6-24x50 for 225$ shipped. This will allow me to put the current 6-18x44 on my old m1917 30-06 and get rid of the old pos that's been on it for ages.

Thanks again for all the comments. I will probably end up going with the LaRue mbt-2s for a trigger. Just couldn't help pulling the trigger on the scope lol.

Thanks
James

Already have the jp springs in both the 223 and 308. The only reason I see switching really is the 2 stage trigger but I'm still up in the air. Probably gonna be that way until I actually shoot someone else's with a trigger.

James

Well I ended up just upgrading my scope for now for the 308 as Amazon had a great deal on a Vortex crossfire 6-24x50 for 225$ shipped. This will allow me to put the current 6-18x44 on my old m1917 30-06 and get rid of the old pos that's been on it for ages.

Thanks again for all the comments. I will probably end up going with the LaRue mbt-2s for a trigger. Just couldn't help pulling the trigger on the scope lol.

Thanks
James

Good decision on the larue mbt2s. Probably the best deal going right now. The RRA varmint match triggger is also a very good upgrade and costs about the same, when on sale (approximately $79.00)

Well I pulled the trigger lol. And ordered the MBT-2S today. Got a nice Christmas bonus from work so I figured why not. Also got rid of the POS Hornady cam lock trimmer and went with the RCBS Trim-Pro2 with the 3way cutter head. So much better and more accurate.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Can't wait to get my new trigger and get it installed. Hopefully they ain't closed down too long for the holidays.

James

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top