JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WA. Dept. of Natural Resources holds meetings every other month, in Battle Ground, WA., called TAG (Trail Advisory Group). This group is comprised of several representatives of various outdoor recreational groups around Clark County, WA. Those represented are hikers, equestrian, bicyclists, motorcycle riders, ATV's and 4 wheelers. The firearms community has not been represented until now.

It is at these TAG meetings where discussions, plans and proposals are made regarding the recreational use of our local State lands. The issues often directly impact the future of recreational target shooting and hunting.

We are in need of someone to volunteer to attend these meetings and report back to NWFA. Meetings are held from 6 pm to 8 pm, on the first Thursday, every other month. Attend, listen, take notes and report on topics discussed.

Jan, 2015
A CHANGE IN MEETING TIME AND LOCATION!

The Trail Advisory Group Meeting. REMINDER: The meeting starts @ 6pm and will be at the Dollars Corner Fire Station #26. 21609 NE 72nd Ave, Battle Ground, WA. 98604-5228

These meetings are on going, every 2 months, throughout the year. The First Thursday of Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct & Dec.

I've been to most of them since mid 2014 and could sure use some help in attending these important meetings.

Thank you,

Bill

Last Edited:
Aug 7th is coming soon. Anyone care to join me at this TAG meeting? With WA DNR and other outdoor enthusiasts. (Trail Advisory Group).

These meetings are where we can start making a difference in the use of our state lands.

Bill

Went to the Aug 7th DNR meeting. Had most all groups represented there (Horse riders, Hikers, Bikers, ORV'rs and so forth).

Discussed a few topics like; Timber sales progress, Current and upcoming road repairs and closures, Trails progress, Grants status and reviewed the May "Clean up the burn" project.

I threw in my 2 cents worth by asking if other groups would keep eyes open for trashed shooting sites and report them to DNR so they can let me know. Then we can organize some clean up efforts.

The "Clean up the burn" discussion reported over 70 volunteers that day, May 3rd. Next year they are targeting May 2nd. Most of the clean up was done at shooting sites. It appears that most of problems, on our forest lands, are from irresponsible target shooters and just plain garbage dumpers.

We discussed the need for more 'good people' out in the forest and keeping an eye out. DNR has a Forest Watch program that we should really consider getting involved with. I posted a note about it in this Volunteer section, under the thread Project Ideas, if you'd like to learn a little more about it. Project Ideas?

I would still like to encourage someone to join me in the work with WA DNR. There are several areas we could pay attention to and I think we could make a difference, as well as, set an example for other parts of our Northwest forest lands.

Bill

Future TAG Meetings: October 2, 2014 (La Center Community Center)

December 4, 2014 (La Center Community Center)

@Qjay I'll go straight there from work. Meeting starts at 6. Map link above, in post #11, if you need it.

Hope to see you there.

Bill

Last Edited:
It's okay, Jay. I never know it I'll be able to make it myself. I work in Tualatin and supposed to get off at 4:30. Most Thursdays, evening traffic takes me 2 hours to get to the Vancouver side. I never know where I'll end my day but hope it's not Woodburn or Albany!

Next time,

Bill

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews