Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Upcoming Volunteer Event Need Volunteer to attend WA DNR meetings…

Discussion in 'Community Outreach' started by Cogs, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

WA. Dept. of Natural Resources holds meetings every other month, in Battle Ground, WA., called TAG (Trail Advisory Group). This group is comprised of several representatives of various outdoor recreational groups around Clark County, WA. Those represented are hikers, equestrian, bicyclists, motorcycle riders, ATV’s and 4 wheelers. The firearms community has not been represented until now.

It is at these TAG meetings where discussions, plans and proposals are made regarding the recreational use of our local State lands. The issues often directly impact the future of recreational target shooting and hunting.

We are in need of someone to volunteer to attend these meetings and report back to NWFA. Meetings are held from 6 pm to 8 pm, on the first Thursday, every other month. Attend, listen, take notes and report on topics discussed.

Jan, 2015
    A CHANGE IN MEETING TIME AND LOCATION!

The Trail Advisory Group Meeting. REMINDER: The meeting starts @ 6pm and will be at the Dollars Corner Fire Station #26. 21609 NE 72nd Ave, Battle Ground, WA. 98604-5228

These meetings are on going, every 2 months, throughout the year. The First Thursday of Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct & Dec.

I've been to most of them since mid 2014 and could sure use some help in attending these important meetings.

Thank you,

Bill

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    ocarolan likes this.
  2. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

I am grateful that you brought this up Bill. I would totally do it if it wasn't for my work schedule (4pm-2am Sun-Fri).

Cogs likes this.
  3. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Still need to find some help on this.

Bill

4. Cogs

Aug 7th is coming soon. Anyone care to join me at this TAG meeting? With WA DNR and other outdoor enthusiasts. (Trail Advisory Group).

These meetings are where we can start making a difference in the use of our state lands.

Bill

5. Cogs

Went to the Aug 7th DNR meeting. Had most all groups represented there (Horse riders, Hikers, Bikers, ORV'rs and so forth).

Discussed a few topics like; Timber sales progress, Current and upcoming road repairs and closures, Trails progress, Grants status and reviewed the May "Clean up the burn" project.

I threw in my 2 cents worth by asking if other groups would keep eyes open for trashed shooting sites and report them to DNR so they can let me know. Then we can organize some clean up efforts.

The "Clean up the burn" discussion reported over 70 volunteers that day, May 3rd. Next year they are targeting May 2nd. Most of the clean up was done at shooting sites. It appears that most of problems, on our forest lands, are from irresponsible target shooters and just plain garbage dumpers.

We discussed the need for more 'good people' out in the forest and keeping an eye out. DNR has a Forest Watch program that we should really consider getting involved with. I posted a note about it in this Volunteer section, under the thread Project Ideas, if you'd like to learn a little more about it. Project Ideas?

I would still like to encourage someone to join me in the work with WA DNR. There are several areas we could pay attention to and I think we could make a difference, as well as, set an example for other parts of our Northwest forest lands.

Bill

Future TAG Meetings: October 2, 2014 (La Center Community Center)

December 4, 2014 (La Center Community Center)

PBinWA and Peteralexander78 like this.
  6. Peteralexander78

Bill when is the next meeting, depending on the day and if I have to work, I would like to go.

Cogs likes this.
  7. Cogs

Every 2 months. Next one will be Oct 2. It's 1st Thurs every other month.

8. Qjay

Qjay Vancouver, not BC, Washington, not DC Active Member

I'll see what I can do. My company is big on volunteer activities.

Cogs likes this.
  9. Cogs

Right on, QJ! Would be great to have you aboard.

Bill

10. Cogs

Next TAG meeting, Thurs, Oct. 2nd (next week). Anyone care to attend with me? @Qjay , @Peteralexander78 ?

Bill

11. Cogs

12. Qjay

I'll see if I can swap a shift with someone. Is there a list of upcoming meetings?

The next one would be Dec 4, right?

Cogs likes this.
  13. Cogs

Yeah, Dec 4th should be right. Chat before Thurs and we'll hook up for the ride, if it works out for you.

Thanks,

Bill

14. Peteralexander78

I will check with the wife and see if I can get it off

Cogs likes this.
  15. Qjay

I'm checking again to see if I can swap a shift today. Fingers crossed.

Cogs likes this.
  16. Peteralexander78

Yeah Bill I cant do it, wife is going to be out of town

17. Cogs

Thanks, Peter. Appreciate your willingness. It's the thought that counts!

Bill

Peteralexander78 likes this.
  18. Cogs

@Qjay I'll go straight there from work. Meeting starts at 6. Map link above, in post #11, if you need it.

Hope to see you there.

Bill

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  19. Qjay

I was not able to get a shift swap, Cogs. Sorry. I'll see what I can set up for 12-4. I JUST got home, it's been a long rough, basically good but often frustrating, day.

Looking forward to your write-up. :D

20. Cogs

It's okay, Jay. I never know it I'll be able to make it myself. I work in Tualatin and supposed to get off at 4:30. Most Thursdays, evening traffic takes me 2 hours to get to the Vancouver side. I never know where I'll end my day but hope it's not Woodburn or Albany!

Next time,

Bill