JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some gun parts that have pretty hard crust of carbon buildup on them. My thought was cleaning them in an ultrasonic tank in a liquid that specializes in carbon removal would be most effective. Does anyone have suggestions for the chem?
Thanks.

Edit to add: I would prefer to avoid flammable chemicals, and not need to put on 7 layers of PPE.

We use Simple Green. Don't know how it will work on carbon build up but it does a great job cleaning eye glasses and jewelry.
Yes, this works too.

MPro7 has an advantage of leaving a coating (nothing to clean off) that prevents flash rusting after cleaning.

Don't forget you can pass it through a filter and re-use it.
Good to know. I do the same with lacquer thinner - let it sit for a few days, the junk separates out, and like taking fat out of gravy, I save >75% of it.

{ETA} My wife is lazy with paint brushes, and the fine art ones she often uses start at >$20 apiece. Really pisses me off, but I learned to keep my mouth shut years ago.
After she has abandoned them and they've dried out, full of crud, I soak them in lacquer thinner. It dissolves acrylic, latex and oil paints, and the brushes can be restored.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top