JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Tanfoglio Witness compact in 40 S&W and would like those of you with some knowledge of them to evaluate them (opinions on Tanfoglio and 40 S&W) ...... I haven't had time even get it out to fire it. I think I got it for a good price so snapped it up, but I'm not familiar with Tanfoglio hand guns, hence the request. I will add that it sure fits the hand great.:s0155:

tia,

otoe

i have a fullsize in the 2005 frame size, awesome guns, little heavy but 15+1 of smooth shooting .40sw that fits my hand like a glove:cool:

don't keep the mags loaded to long though. I left my one and only loaded for about a month stretched the spring and started getting stove pipes. other than that flawless

Thanks guys, seems like I made the right decision. and thanks Hightower for the recommendation about the mags, never thought about stretching the spring, oh you know what I mean.

Any more comments are sure welcome.:s0155:

otoe

Last Edited:
Owned two, polymer(problems) and steel (great).
I like the feel and shootablity.
May be older versions, but I've seen at least two of the polymer ones allow the roll pin above the trigger slide loosely. Needed to be replaced and then don't know how long the repair works.
Never happens on the steel model. My experience.

what did you pay btw, i've been kicking around the idea of picking up a steel compact in 9, local shop has a .40 for 400 on the shelf and says he can get one in 9 for the same price. Just curious to see what the market is like elsewhere. also PICS ASAP!

HAd one just like it, loved it, and only sold it to help finance my move out of Az. (BTW, in case your wondering, it was 113 in Phoenix today :angry: ) I still have a nice IWB holster for it from Andrews Custom Leather, shoot me a PM if your interested.

Oh, and unlike Glocks, they don't have a nasty reputation for blowing up! :s0155:

Lets see if I can remember all the questions................

I got my Witness for $300 from a private party that needed some cash, with the deal was two boxes of ammo FMJ and a holster. I really felt for the guy and it seemed like such a good deal I shouldn't pass it up.

It is not the polymer version it is all steel and feels solid in you hand.

By the way, this forum (website) is great. I'm pretty new here but have been reading it for some time, just an atta boy to Joey and the group!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s0155::s0155::s0155:

otoe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads