Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help With Id of this scout rifle.

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by jp1985, May 17, 2014.

1. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

I was looking at HPG website and found a pictures of a guy wearing one of there items. He is using a scout rifle but i am unsure of what model of rifle it is or if it is homemade.

dpms1.JPG

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

4. jp1985

I am still trying to find what it could be. It looks awesome and looks like it would be a great Survival/Truck/Hunting gun.

orygun likes this.
  5. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

M48 mouser sporterized sbr. If you are looking for a compact truck/scout gun check out the savage hog hunter

6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

It is a sporterized Mauser in a synthetic stock. It's chambered in .308 win. A piece of picatinny rail was bedded into the fore end of the stock for the light. The rear sight is an XS. A piece of the bridge on the rear ring of the receiver was milled away to let it fit. If I remember correctly, the scope bases are aluminum weaver style blocks fit to the barrel. Its been a few years since I handled that rifle. Unless something has changed since the last time I handled it, it is not an SBR...

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. jp1985

Is it a sbr?

8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Not last time I saw it. I'm pretty sure it's just a 16"...