JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a friend in Vancouver that is going to sell her engagement ring appraised at $4k to buy a divorce gun (yes she knows that she won't get the appraisal value). I need a few things:

1) Seeing as I'm from Portland, and can't buy firearms from Washington, with the exception of long guns, I need gun store suggestions.
EDIT: Because I don't know a good gun shop in Vancouver.

2) Anybody use pawn shops to sell jewelry? Any suggestions in the greater Portland Vancouver area?
EDIT: Because she wants to sell her engagement ring.

1) Seeing as I'm from Portland, and can't buy firearms from Washington, with the exception of long guns, I need gun store suggestions.
That's not entirely true. You can buy firearms from Washington in a couple of other ways. You can buy from the individual and they ship to an FFL in your state where you pick it up. Or, the seller can come to your state and you can meet at an FFL and have the FFL process the background check and transfer it to you.

That's not entirely true. You can buy firearms from Washington in a couple of other ways. You can buy from the individual and they ship to an FFL in your state where you pick it up. Or, the seller can come to your state and you can meet at an FFL and have the FFL process the background check and transfer it to you.

Thanks Bob, but you missed the point :p

She's looking at a Glock 19, want to meet her at an FFL in Vancouver?

Thanks Bob, but you missed the point :p
What was the point? First you say she's selling. So then you listed your points, and the very first one was how you couldn't buy from out of state. And then about pawn shops for the second. Can you restate what it is you are actually looking to get from someone here? Is it, like the others have posted, simply where to go to buy a firearm?

What was the point? First you say she's selling. So then you listed your points, and the very first one was how you couldn't buy from out of state. And then about pawn shops for the second. Can you restate what it is you are actually looking to get from someone here? Is it, like the others have posted, simply where to go to buy a firearm?

Bob,
She needs a pawn shop to sell the ring, and a gun shop to buy a Glock. Sorry it wasn't more clear Bob.

I think Ortewin International (board name Coctailer) here had some gen 4 Glock 19s earlier this week. I've bought from Andrew before and definitely recommend him.

I would suggest she go to 3-4 pawn shops and 3-4 smaller jewelers especially ones that advertise they buy gold and jewelry. Try the one that advertises on Lar Larsons show.

Bob,
She needs a pawn shop to sell the ring, and a gun shop to buy a Glock. Sorry it wasn't more clear Bob.

It would be to her advantage to go to a place like Dave's gun and pawn (a gun store that is also a pawn shop) Now I am not suggesting Dave's as it is way up here in Riverside, but a place like that. Pawn shops will generally give a better deal on a trade than on a straight Pawn, or a straight purchase. Pawn shops will trade +/- cash.

As was suggested before, call around and see what shops in your area will do something like that and get several offers.

A divorce gun? I hope she will instead reconsider and use the court system to give him the shaft :p

Hahaha! The paperwork is signed, the lazy ****** has been bought off. All that's left is for her to drop off the paperwork. She really wants a gun, and she doesn't want her wedding ring anymore, so hopefully two birds with one stone!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top