JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello NWFA!

I'm in dire need of the collective brain trust here for ideas regarding fund raising. I currently volunteer with the Tigard High School band program. Most of my efforts center around the marching band aspect of the program.

The Tigard High School marching band is a Class 1A program. For the last six years in a row, the Tigard High marching band has won their division championship! The kids who perform as part of the band, pit crew, and color guard are amazingly talented. However, our school doesn't have as big a budget as many of the 2A and Open Class schools do. We have enough from fees and yearly fundraisers to maintain, but unfortunately certain expenses pop up along the way that require larger expenditures to keep the program running for the kids. Trust me, nobody benefits monetarily from this program. We're ALL volunteer, and the teachers only get paid their normal salary.

The current big expenditure we're facing at this time is our food trailer. We need a food trailer to take with us to all competitions during the year to make sure these awesome kids get meals & snacks, and ours is on its last leg. The thing has been repaired so many times that it's no longer viable to keep repairing it. It's falling apart after being hauled thousands of miles over its lifespan. What we have is basically a converted camp trailer. I don't think it can survive another year of hauling from place to place, and we're getting pretty desperate because its not just an issue of logistics, it's now a major safety problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to solicit funds to replace the trailer, or possibly to have one donated to the program? The Tigard High Band Boosters is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, so any and all donations are tax deductible.

Tigard High School teacher Kati McKee is the director of the program along with music teacher James Irving. If you would like to contact her or James Irving directly, here is their contact information:

Kati McKee: 503-431-5514, [email protected]

James Irving: 503-431-5524, [email protected]

Here's a link to McKee's Fabulous Forum which a blog site that details everything going with the band and color guard: McKee's Fabulous Forum

I thank each and every one of you who reads this post for your consideration of our cause, and I welcome any and all suggestions!

How big, and what type/style of a trailer are you looking for?

Travel, cargo, utility? Box, flat-bed, side-boards? Cold storage? Cooking appliances?

The trailer we're using right now is a converted single axle camp trailer about 12 feet long. When I say "converted", I mean that all the sleeping and dining platforms have been removed, and years ago a pass-trough window was cut into the side that doubles as a small shelf when folded out. It's still very cramped inside. It doesn't have any cold storage, and only has one small propane cooking surface.

Literally anything better than this would be an improvement!

Solicit your local RV dealers for a possible donation of a good, used trade in. Most dealers have fairly decent trade ins they gave little to mothing for and while you might have to accomplish the modifications they would probably appreciate their logo as in 'donated by ' painted on the side. Just a thought.

Last Edited:
You might talk to Trevor Curtis at Curtis Trailers in PDX, he might be able to hook you up with a trailer that got traded in and they might like to donate. Rick Humphrey in their parts department does a lot of work with the guys who have food carts in Portland.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top