JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am moving to Alaska tomorrow, and part of my journey will be by train. I am planning on bringing my firearms along, but my rifle case is apparently not up to snuff for rail travel. So I need to buy a hard sided locking rifle case today, and if possible I hope not to break the bank.

Where in town would you recommend I shop for this particular item?

Thank you for your time.

Jordan

No traveling through Canada, luckily. I take the Amtrak up to Bellingham, and from there I ride the Alaska Marine Highway System all the way to Juneau with no stops on Canadian soil. I have checked with the AMHS people and with the Amtrak people and as long as I have all my guns unloaded in a locked, hard sided case I am in the clear.

Amtrak's policy on firearms is much more strict than the ferry. On the boat, they only told me that you have to check them with your baggage, and I am not allowed to carry more than 65lbs of ammunition with me. Amtrak has a several page PDF file outlining the finer points of their firearms policies.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top