JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am moving to Alaska tomorrow, and part of my journey will be by train. I am planning on bringing my firearms along, but my rifle case is apparently not up to snuff for rail travel. So I need to buy a hard sided locking rifle case today, and if possible I hope not to break the bank.

Where in town would you recommend I shop for this particular item?

Thank you for your time.

Jordan

No traveling through Canada, luckily. I take the Amtrak up to Bellingham, and from there I ride the Alaska Marine Highway System all the way to Juneau with no stops on Canadian soil. I have checked with the AMHS people and with the Amtrak people and as long as I have all my guns unloaded in a locked, hard sided case I am in the clear.

Amtrak's policy on firearms is much more strict than the ferry. On the boat, they only told me that you have to check them with your baggage, and I am not allowed to carry more than 65lbs of ammunition with me. Amtrak has a several page PDF file outlining the finer points of their firearms policies.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top